Getting Dogs to Stop Marking Territory

My 10 month old male Shi Tzu has started marking territory. He is not neutered. He was trained well at 5 months and only peed if someone didn't let him out. He barks to go out and waits patiently at the door. Since my daughter's friend had her female Pit Bull here that peed and pooped on the basement floor, Buddy has started marking on the leg of the sofa. It's very frustrating. Any suggestions?

By Bonny from Canada

Answers:

Getting Dogs To Stop Marking Territory

They say dogs won't pee in the same place again if that place is cleaned with vinegar. Maybe spray a little vinegar/water mixture on it. (04/15/2009)

By Anonymous

Getting Dogs to Stop Marking Territory

The only way I stopped my dog from marking was to get him fixed. He started at 7 months old. As soon as he was fixed, it stopped. If you plan to breed your dog, sorry I can't help you. Good Luck. (04/18/2009)

By ivorylov

Getting Dogs to Stop Marking Territory
Spraying cat
Getting a Cat to Stop Spraying Inside
A pug sitting on the floor in the kitchen.
Dog Marking Territory in the House
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
🎉
🎄