Getting Rid Of Grubs

We just moved into our house last August and now have discovered grubs in our back lawn. My husband isn't concerned, but I don't like the holes that the racoons leave in our yard. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of them without pesticides?

Liz from Ontario

Getting Rid Of Grubs

There are catch and release traps for raccoons. (04/25/2005)

By Linda

Getting Rid Of Grubs

If it's grubs your'e trying to get rid of, a chicken is the answer. Not only do they eat grubs, but spiders, scorpions, anything but ants. They also make wonderful pets. (04/26/2005)

By Kay

Getting Rid Of Grubs

Here are some natural repellents I have used with success:

Sprinkle dried blood meal in and around your beds. It'll repel hungry critters, and give your flowers a much-appreciated dose of fertilizer at the same time.

Mix 1 tbsp. of pureed cayenne pepper and 1 tbsp. of liquid dish soap in
a quart of water, and spray liberally around your plants.

All-Purpose Varmint Repellent: mix 2 eggs, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp. of hot chili pepper, 2 tbsp. of ammonia, and 2 cups of hot water in a bucket. Let the mixture sit for 3 or 4 days, and then paint it on fences, trellises, and wherever else unwanted varmints are venturing.

By Sabrinaca

Getting Rid Of Grubs

I've just been asked to plan the entire floral design for a large retirement community. Well, they have a skunk problem - and the skunks are seeking the grubs in the lawn After a ton of research, here's what I'm doing. In the toes of pantyhose, I'm filling them with a few moth balls, cayenne pepper, dried coffee grounds and dried orange peels. I'll bury them where the skunks like to hang out. I'll let you know what happens.
Good luck! (05/21/2005)

By Barb

Photo of mounds from moles.
Getting Rid of Grubs
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Grubs Eating Marigolds