Getting Rid Of Lizards

Lizards, while harmless, can become a nuisance when they move into your home. This is a guide about getting rid of lizards.

Getting Rid Of Lizards
Filter Sort

Question: Lizards Are Eating Kalanchoe Plants

By Mike Gegg 1

I have several beautiful kalanchoe plants in a planter and the lizards have discovered them. At the rate they are eating the leaves the plants will die. I am looking for a solution to the problem. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the lizards?

Michael G.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have a lizard living in my bathroom in my magazine rack under a newspaper. I thought maybe he moved on, but he has not. I dont have a problem with him living there. I noticed there are not any spiders, and little pincher bugs I sometimes see. I thought about getting a large match box and put shredded paper in it for him to live in, and maybe put the box in the magazine rack. I really want to know is, if he will move in it. Debbie

email address is deb1157 AT live.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Lizards

By aggiedog 1

How do I get rid of lizards around the outside of my house? I live in Mesa Arizona.

By aggiedog

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By gbk 45 368 Flag

Learn to love the little critters it was their home first. They do good things and eat your pests.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Lizards

How do you get rid of a six-lined racerunner lizard?

By Karen T.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cassie 20 60 Flag

I think they are so beautiful and cute.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Preventing Lizards from Getting in House

I've lizards in my home and I don't understand how to remove them.

Tushar Garg

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By merlene smith 4 311 Flag

To get lizards out of my house I place a drinking glass or clear bowl over them and then slide a piece of paper under the glass so the lizard is on the paper. Turn the whole thing upside down and carry out of the house to where you want to let the lizard go.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Lizards Inside Garage

By pcolablue 1

I am over run with lizards. The only problem I have is their poop. It is all over my shop, patio, and garage area. Any suggestions to run them outside?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

http://www.feminiya.com/10-best-home-remedies-to-get-rid-of-lizards/

This article has a lot of natural remedies. I hope this helps. PBP

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Lizards

how do you get rid of lizards in the house?

By Raymond

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr522587 Flag

Accept them in your home because they eat bugs and that's a good thing. Get a cat because they love to chase lizards and eat the lizards. Make sure there are screens on all windows and doors. Personally I think lizards are cute and hate bugs so I would go for option #1 ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid Of Lizards

By Amron 1

How do I get rid of lizards in my house?

By Amron

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Millie 3 19 Flag

Get a cat! Seriously!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Getting Rid Of Lizards

I live in Texas and I have those brown/white striped lizards with ridges along their neck and back, I am terrified of them. They're on my porch and windows and multiplying. I'll do anything to get rid of them. Can anyone please help?

Betty

Feedback:

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

There's a site online that sells fake owls (to get rid of birds) and since owls are most likely predators of lizards, these may also scare away lizards. Another thing you may try is those plug-in rodent and pest deterrents. You'd have to plug it out on your porch in an outdoor outlet. They work by putting out a high pitch frequency that humans can't hear. They advertise that they are safe for pets. (08/04/2008)

By Cyinda

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

Get you a cat. Not only will they help out with your lizard population, but mice, and other rodents, as well as be your new best friend. (08/05/2008)

By badwater

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

Lizards are just native to your environment and won't hurt you. They eat bugs, so they are good guys. (08/05/2008)

By Linda

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

We have a troop of feral cats that we've had spayed, basic shots, etc. and do feed them. Unfortunately, they have taken to eating the geckos which I enjoy seeing. So, though it is not what I like, they do an effective job. Oddly, they do not eat the toads (good), but the toads share their cat food. Perhaps that will help you. Other friends with cats tell me their cats get quite a few geckos, also. (08/06/2008)

By Rosemarie

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

Please, dont't try to get rid of the lizards! They help keep bug populations under control. They're at your house, because they're finding bugs for food. If you get rid of the lizards, you'll end up with a lot of pests that will freak you out even more.

Why do you fear innocent lizards, anyway? They don't harm humans, and they're adorable. When I lived in Arizona, one of the things I enjoyed most in our backyard was watching the little lizards sunning themselves on our fence.

Before she passed away, my aunt (God rest her soul) just adored spotting lizards on the fence. She was terminally ill, and sometimes got confused about things. It was cute how she'd sometimes call the geckos "Geicos" (after the talking lizard on TV!). (08/07/2008)

By WildIrish

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

The lizards you are talking about are called Mountain Boomers. Don't let a cat kill your lizards. Put mothballs around the house and the lizards won't go near them. If you kill off the lizards you'll have a bug problem. (08/10/2008)

By J D

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

I bought those plug-in pest controls from Home Depot to keep the lizards out of the house. They supposedly emit a high pitch tone that will rid the house of pests. I don't have any other animals, but I'm told they're safe for the cats and dogs.
    (06/04/2010)

By Deyi

Archive: Getting Rid Of Lizards

I would like suggestions for how to get rid of lizards.

By hubh1736

Feedback:

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

Lizards are our friends because they eat bugs (like spiders, flies, skeeters, etc.) and don't harm we humans so, personally, I would just leave the lizards alone. ;-) (10/04/2010)

By Deeli

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

Get a cat! :) (10/05/2010)

By PainterLee

Archive: Getting Rid Of Lizards

How do I get rid of bugs and lizards in my house? Please suggest a natural remedy as I've tried the others, eg. Bug Nil and Tick 20, but it doesn't really work.

By Tina from Mumbai

Feedback:

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

I promise I am not being a smart Alec and am being truly serious! Which do you hate more, the bugs or the lizards? Personally, I hate bugs more so lizards would be my best friends because they eat bugs. You can control the amount of lizards (and bugs for that matter) easily by having screens on your windows and screen doors for your exterior doors but I would allow one or two lizards to live with you to eat the bugs that sneak in. I can't think of anything more natural than that. :-) (02/22/2011)

By Deeli

RE: Getting Rid Of Lizards

You could get a cat! I have had to rescue several cute little lizards from my cats' clutches. As for bugs, a cat will hear the bug long before you see it. (02/24/2011)

By Ms Frugal

Home and Garden Pest Control ReptilesJune 3, 2012
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Closeup of a gopher.
    Getting Rid of Gophers
    Boy Holding Lizard
    Keeping Lizards as Pets
    Green chameleon on a branch.
    Identifying Lizards
    Natural Repellents for Lizards
    Natural Repellents for Lizards
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:46:53 AM on 10.0.2.123 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsArchives
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings