Browsing: Getting Rid Of Lizards

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Rid Of Lizards

Lizards, while harmless, can become a nuisance when they move into your home. This is a guide about getting rid of lizards.

Getting Rid Of Lizards
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 16, 2016 Flag

How do I get rid of lizards? I tried moth balls, but the lizards don't care. Every day I see a lizard next to the moth balls, where I put several next to my sliding door.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for replying , i need something effective to keep them away from doors and windows.

My husband is a biologist and I am an archaeologist so we have much experience with the "outside" world and lizzies in particular-we have lizzies, snakes, spiders etc., living in our house and a cat who, after many years, still does not understand why he is not able to jump through a glass cage to get to tasty treats.

Unfortunately, there is little you can do to prevent lizzies from entering your house by door and window except keeping doors and windows closed or screened. If there is an opening, they will come inside; to them, our inside is the same as their outside so they simply continue their food seeking journeys inside human homes. Lizzies are unique, do not harm us and, like all animals, are just trying to live in an ever more crowded world.

My experience with mothballs is that their stench (which is a poison, of course) is far worse than whatever varmint you are trying to repel. Get rid of the mothballs first thing. I'm sorry I can't help you with the lizards.

Read More Answers...

April 25, 2016 Flag

How do I get rid from lizards and flies. I have used egg shells, but it did not work. The lizards they threw the shell with the help of its tail.

Lizards eat literally tons of insects in your house and outside and they love mosquitos! They do not harm humans or animals. I remember from living in Hawaii not to hurt geckos, a type of lizard, as they love mosquitos. So they were free to roam anywhere they liked and were always welcomed.

Flies on the other hand, are a nuisance and there are many products available to deal with them.

So, in answer to your question-shoo lizards back outside (they do not perceive your house as "inside") by moving them carefully with a newspaper or magazine to the door. Flies, on the other hand, are a pain! Keep windows closed or screens in good repair, close doors, etc., etc.

I put egg shells out side and it did not work.

June 15, 2015 Flag

I am over run with lizards. The only problem I have is their poop. It is all over my shop, patio, and garage area. Any suggestions to run them outside?

http://www.feminiya.com/10-best-home-remedies-to-get-rid-of-lizards/

This article has a lot of natural remedies. I hope this helps. PBP

March 14, 2011 Flag

I've lizards in my home and I don't understand how to remove them.

Tushar Garg

I have little lizards in my house from time to time in Florida, but I feel they keep bugs away. I believe my cat keeps too many lizards from coming inside. Maybe you could get a cat. Cats make nice pets and they are great at chasing little critters.

To get lizards out of my house I place a drinking glass or clear bowl over them and then slide a piece of paper under the glass so the lizard is on the paper. Turn the whole thing upside down and carry out of the house to where you want to let the lizard go.

June 17, 2011 Flag

How do I get rid of lizards around the outside of my house? I live in Mesa Arizona.

By aggiedog

You are very lucky. They are after the bugs. If you off the lizards, You will be living in poison to kill the bugs. Lizards are amusing and wonderful. Learn to appreciate them.

Why do you want them gone? They eat the spiders!

Learn to love the little critters it was their home first. They do good things and eat your pests.

Read More Answers...

July 25, 2008 Flag

I have several beautiful kalanchoe plants in a planter and the lizards have discovered them. At the rate they are eating the leaves the plants will die. I am looking for a solution to the problem. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the lizards?

Michael G.

Lizards, unless they are something akin to Iguanas do not eat greenery. They are carnivores, not herbivores. Where do you live, and what do the lizards look like so I may be better able to help you. They DO like to hide in the greenery, so perhaps this is why they are being blamed for damage they are not causing.

(sent in by email)

The leaves of the Kalanchoe are like a cactus - have water in them. I have seen the lizards nibbling on the leaves. I live in a suburb outside New Orleans; it gets very hot and dry for days at a time. Perhaps the lizards are getting water from the leaves. I finally found a flowering plant, the Kalanchoe that handles the sun and heat very well, but now have another problem. Not a big deal!

Mike G

Editor's Note: Maybe it would help to put a little dish of water in or near the plant.

I have a lizard living in my bathroom in my magazine rack under a newspaper. I thought maybe he moved on, but he has not. I dont have a problem with him living there. I noticed there are not any spiders, and little pincher bugs I sometimes see. I thought about getting a large match box and put shredded paper in it for him to live in, and maybe put the box in the magazine rack. I really want to know is, if he will move in it. Debbie

email address is deb1157 AT live.com

Read More Answers...

June 4, 2011 Flag

How do you get rid of a six-lined racerunner lizard?

July 17, 2012 Flag

how do you get rid of lizards in the house?

By Raymond

Accept them in your home because they eat bugs and that's a good thing. Get a cat because they love to chase lizards and eat the lizards. Make sure there are screens on all windows and doors. Personally I think lizards are cute and hate bugs so I would go for option #1 ;-)

Load More
Home and Garden Pest Control ReptilesJune 3, 2012
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Boy Holding Lizard
Keeping Lizards as Pets
Green chameleon on a branch.
Identifying Lizards
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 5, 2016 at 1:09:45 AM on 10.0.2.88 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.