Getting Rid of Lizards

How do I get rid of lizards? I tried moth balls, but the lizards don't care. Every day I see a lizard next to the moth balls, where I put several next to my sliding door.

Lizards aren't affected by moth balls and there is no easy way to "prevent" lizards from entering your yard; house, too, if a door or window is open. Lizards are very beneficial-they eat insects such as mosquitos, roaches, and spiders, worms etc. They won't hurt you unless you try to grab one, however, they are much too fast for most people to catch. Even if you did manage to catch one, their teeth are very small and they are not strong enough to actually bite you. If you want to move a lizard from your house, simply use a newspaper or magazine and "herd" them toward a door. Please do not hurt them!!! Lizards have lived on this planet for millions of years before humans and will probably continue long after humans are extinct.

Thank you for replying , i need something effective to keep them away from doors and windows.

My husband is a biologist and I am an archaeologist so we have much experience with the "outside" world and lizzies in particular-we have lizzies, snakes, spiders etc., living in our house and a cat who, after many years, still does not understand why he is not able to jump through a glass cage to get to tasty treats.

Unfortunately, there is little you can do to prevent lizzies from entering your house by door and window except keeping doors and windows closed or screened. If there is an opening, they will come inside; to them, our inside is the same as their outside so they simply continue their food seeking journeys inside human homes. Lizzies are unique, do not harm us and, like all animals, are just trying to live in an ever more crowded world.

My experience with mothballs is that their stench (which is a poison, of course) is far worse than whatever varmint you are trying to repel. Get rid of the mothballs first thing. I'm sorry I can't help you with the lizards.