Getting Rid Of Wild Onions

Does anyone know the best chemical spray to use on wild onions or wild garlic? I used IMAGE and it did not seem to work, I even doubled the mixing instructions. It is labeled for onions and I added "blue marking dye". I need to get rid of these before the grass starts to come back strong.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

T.M. from Meridian, MS

Answers:

Getting Rid Of Wild Onions

Good luck, I have been fighting what looks like wild onions for 40 years-but have discovered they are not- they are called snow drops and they are a flowering bulb like onions. They were brought over from Europe many many years ago. They have small white blooms in clusters and they appear in early spring and bloom for a month of two and die out turning yellow on the tops.

They reappear the following spring and every spring there after-and after- I have never had anything that would kill them- not even a total kill- move is my suggestion- :) You would think a weed killer for onions would get rid of them but they don't. (03/20/2009)

By Pat W.

Getting Rid Of Wild Onions

To get rid of wild onions, I use 2-4-D Amine #4 with a surfactant in a hand held pump sprayer. I use 3 oz of 2-4-D with one oz of surfactant to one gallon of water. This works great in Guntersville AL. (03/30/2009)

By Dr T

Wild Onion plant in bloom
Getting Rid Of Wild Onions
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
Wild Onions
Eating Wild Onion
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Freezing Green Onions
🎉
🎄