Getting Rid of Bedbugs

I had a mild bed bug infestation that I thought was over a couple of months ago, but I found one on my comforter this morning. This situation started back in October. Since then, the exterminator has made 2 visits in October and November. I've washed all my bedding, clothes, and everything in my closets. I've also plugged up all the holes and cracks in my walls with caulk. I've even been dusting diatomaceous earth (food grade) all over my bed frame, walls, and couch.

I haven't gotten a bite since November so I thought I had successfully gotten rid of them. Now 2 months later and they're back. What am I doing wrong?

By Amy from Brooklyn

Answers:

Getting Rid of Bedbugs

Forgot to also mention my mattress and pillows are now in bedbug-proof covers. (01/27/2010)

By dreamyr227

Getting Rid of Bedbugs

I think I remember reading on this site that someone recommended sprinkling borax, the stuff you use in your wash. Sprinkle it around, leave on as long as possible or overnight and then vacuum.
(01/29/2010)

By carnation037

Getting Rid of Bedbugs

I don't know that much about it but on vermanaters, they said the stuff used to kill they is basically superglue fumes. The one thing they did say that would kill them instantly, the coldness of a room will kill them. But with it being winter, do you want your bedroom to be a freezer? To fight the curse is the thing you need to think of. They said they can't take the temp change and they it puts them into shock and then you just get to clean up the little bodies. Hope it helps. (01/29/2010)

By tlcdsfit

Getting Rid of Bed Bugs, A bed bug on a blanket
Getting Rid of Bed Bugs
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎉
🎄