Protecting Against Bedbugs While Traveling

Category Travel
This is a page about protect yourself against bedbugs while traveling. Encountering bedbugs when you travel can make for an awful trip. Its important to know how to check for them and how to prevent bringing them home with you.

I got this e-mail from Knockout Pest Control after I got back from my trip. Fortunately, I did not bring bedbugs home, but I will pay more attention the next time I travel. Some tips I already knew, but others were new to me.

1. Inspect your room as soon as you get in. Pay attention to the mattress, bedding and headboard, if made of wood.

2. Put your luggage on the luggage carrier, not on the floor.

3. Dress and undress in the bathroom. You will see bugs on the floor if they are on your clothing and fall on the floor. Place your worn clothing in a separate bag to wash as soon as you get home.

4. Before you unpack, vacuum out the suitcase, to get rid of bugs on items that can't be washed. Wash everything else in hot water in the machine.

Source: https://knockoutpest.com/how-can-i-protect-myself-from-bed-bugs/

Travel and Recreation TravelNovember 6, 2017
🍀
🐰
🌻

Generated 2020-02-24 08:45:45 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️