Getting Rid of Chipmunks

How can I keep chipmunks from pooping at the entrance to my home?

By bubbieneecie from Cherry Hill, NJ

Getting Rid of Chipmunks

What are they eating at that spot? Chipmunks and squirrels usually eat and poop immediately after so they are eating something close by. They like apples, nuts, cherries, berries etc. Take a look around and if you really find the poop disgusting you'll have to remove the food. We have oaks, maples, chokecherries, crab apple trees and leave the fruit for the animals. I love the little guys along with the deer and yes, we do have poop around, but since the trees aren't around the house itself, we don't have an issue with it. The blue jays love to get into the fruit as well and they get drunk on it. Have you ever heard a drunk blue jay? Too funny. :) (09/08/2009)

By quiltmum

Getting Rid of Chipmunks

Put hot pepper sauce all over the place. Critters do not like hot pepper. Good luck. (09/09/2009)

By kffrmw88

Getting Rid of Chipmunks

Place small pieces of bubble gum along their runways. They love it but they cannot digest it. End of story. (09/11/2009)

By vspess

Please don't be nasty and use bubblegum. I have chipmunks too and yes they get into the plants. I use black pepper or cayenne sprinkled around flowers. Sometimes it works

Chipmunks are pooping in the corner of my front porch. Nothing I have tried has stopped them. It's very unsightly and I have to clean it up every day.

Getting Rid of Chipmunks
Getting Rid of Chipmunks
A chipmunk sitting on a brand.
Keeping Chipmunks Out of a Garden
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes