Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

We have removed 9 gardener snakes and drove them about 5 miles away and dropped them in a swampy area. One snake had his tail missing, and 2 weeks later, we just caught another gardener snake with his tail missing. Same sized snake as the previous snake removed. With this distance in play, can they find their way back home to our garden area and yard? Thank you for the help.

Brett and Stacy

Answers:

Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

Hubby said, yes, they will come back to their home ground. He said he only knows of 2 ways to get rid of them: kill them or buy some Flowers of Sulfur (powder that comes in a plastic bottle that you can get at a drugstore or pharmacy) and sprinkle it around. He said the snakes don't like sulfur and will leave, but that they are good about killing any bugs you have around. Your choice. Good luck! (05/30/2008)

By gonecrazyhunting

Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

The gardener snake is a harmless reptile small, but when grown large these animals have a nasty bite. Though they are not poisonous, do not touch these creatures because they tend to slither around in poison oak and sumac. If you wish to get rid of them, please do it humanely. I suggest putting rotten peppers where you have these snake problems or using the product "snake-a-away". (07/03/2008)

By Matt Finzel

RE: Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

(submitted via email)

Hi, I have family in your town, and Aneta, and snakes! Okay I am trying moth balls today, and going to try snake away from Lowe's, so hope that helps. I am not afraid of them. I am just tired of being spooked!

Jackie (09/05/2008)

By jess

Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

I just found a baby garden snake in the wall of my basement. I used duct tape to tape the area it was trying to escape and the next day it was stuck to the duct tape still alive. Duct tape - Ace True Value, but if there is one is there more, and a Mom?

I am beyond phobia and trying not to have a heart attack since finding. Help. Any suggestions? Don't want to kill, just remove permanently. (09/06/2008)

By Annie

Getting Rid of Garter Snakes

(Submitted via email)

Every summer the same problem with snakes in my backyard. Have a solution for me?
Thank you, Guy (04/05/2009)

By Sally_Admin

A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
Lace Garter Belt
Buying a Garter Belt
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
Snake coiled in an evergreen tree.
Getting Rid of Snakes
🎉
🎄