Getting Rid of Mushrooms in Lawn

Since a tree was cut down, my flower garden is being overtaken by mushrooms. If I transplant the flowers, will the mushrooms follow?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

By BillieH from Cornell, IL

Answers:

Getting Rid Of Mushrooms In Lawn

Mushrooms/toadstools will not transplant to another garden. They have grown from around the decaying tree or roots and will probably remain there for quite awhile. If your flower garden was near this tree, I would move the flowerbed to drier soil to prevent this occurrence. (04/28/2009)

By Lorelei

Getting Rid of Mushrooms in Lawn

I would say yes, the mushrooms will have a good chance to transplant with the flowers. They are only the fruiting bodies of the real creature, one big underground fungus living off any vegetation in the soil, especially if some wood is there, but even if not. So you chop out the flowers, taking part of the fungus, enough to start a new underground fungus monster. (05/05/2009)

By kimhis

Getting Rid of Mushrooms in Lawn
Freezing Mushrooms
Freezing Mushrooms
Large Jar of Canned Mushrooms
Canning Mushrooms
Mushrooms cooking in a skillet.
Sauteing Mushrooms
Clump of sod with dirt in the background.
Getting Rid of Lawn
🎉
🎄