Browsing: Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest

Having a bee nest under your lawn can be a problem. This guide is about getting rid of underground bumble bee nest.

Bumble Bee on a flower.

October 3, 2007 Flag

How should I go about getting rid of a bumble bee nest in the ground? They take offense at our mowing the lawn. I've heard those nests can get very large under ground if left alone.

Lynn from Albany, NY

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Uh -dumping fuel on the ground is not very environmentally smart - not to mention illegal in many locations. I have read of dumping soapy water with bug spray mixed into it into the nest at night, as well as covering it tightly with plastic trash bags so they overheat and cannot escape (weigh it down with logs). The OSU website gives some info on different kinds of bees that nest in the ground and some chemicals you can use: http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2143.html

Best Answer

I had that same problem a couple of years ago.

After being stung twice, I emptied an entire can of wasp/hornet spray onto the area.

Those cans are designed to spray a stream about 25 feet, so you don't have to get too close to the nest.

It worked!

It also killed the grass in that area for several months, but I considered that a very small price to pay.

7 dust 10 % just throw a couple of cups full over hole try to get as much as you can in the hole it works every time!

I had a problem last year and peppermint oil mixed with baking soda, vinegar and water worked well. This may sound crazy but if you ask them to move to a area in your neighborhood not populated by people, they will respond. Just ask to be connected with the deva of the bees and send a mental picture to them of where you want them to go. Worked for me.

Best of luck to you and the bees

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsJuly 1, 2013
Bees
Homemade Bee Repellents
Carpenter bee on a flower.
Home Remedies for Bee Stings
Repelling Hornets, Bumble Bees, and Wasps
Removing a Yellow Jackets Nest
Removing a Yellow Jacket Nest
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 28, 2016 at 3:03:29 AM on 10.0.0.192 in 322 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.