Getting Rid of Warts

I need some ideas on how to get rid of warts. My son (29) is beginning to get warts on his hands and a few on his legs. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Teresa from VA

Answers:

Getting Rid of Warts

I had two on my "driving finger" ...my left hand middle finger LOL...I couldn't get rid of them with anything! One was on the middle crease and the other at my fingertip. I tried the burning sprays at the store, wart removal stuff...duct tape...everything! I finally just gave up and thought I'd just deal with it later because they seemed to get bigger every time I would try to rid myself of them. Well, one day I came across something on the internet that reminded me of my warts. When I examined my finger they were gone. They had left without me even noticing. I know they are caused by a virus, I have been eating healthier also. I don't know if this contributed to it or not, but I guess I got lucky! (01/05/2007)

By washburn6394

Getting Rid of Warts

I am 82 now, and when I was very young I had over 100 warts on my one leg from knee down. An older lady told me to use Castor oil. I carried a small bottle with me to school and all over. On school bus I would rub it on warts. every time I had time I would use it. about 2 weeks after on bus I was going to rub it on warts. No warts. and never had any more. My family uses the same remedy through the years. It works. (01/05/2007)

By Beulah

Getting Rid of Warts

I've had success with the duct tape method--I had a big wart on my hand that didn't go away even after two tries with one of the over-the-counter freezing products, so I decided to try the duct tape treatment that I had recently heard about (there's even a study published in a family practice journal saying that it's effective). The wart went away within about three weeks using this treatment. Not sure how well it would work for plantar warts though as the tape might have a hard time staying on a sweaty foot. (01/05/2007)

By Angie O'Plasty

Getting Rid of Warts

Hi. I was just wondering. I'm trying to get rid of my warts as well, and I'm scared to try the freezing off method, since my skin is very very sensitive.

Not to sound stupid, but what is Silver Collide? It was mentioned in the notes above, and i looked up that disease as well and it freaked me out.
So what would be the safest way to get rid of them? I also read that putting clear nail polish on the wart helps? Is that true? (01/08/2007)

By Just Wondering.

Getting Rid of Warts

My son (age 22) has 2 warts on his nose so applying something like duct tape isn't an option. He'd like them gone before his wedding in May. Should he just spend the money and go to a dermatologist to have them burned off? (01/09/2007)

By kerry

Getting Rid of Warts

I have a wart on the weirdest part of my hand, its right near the knuckle so a banana peel would slide off even with duct tape. I like the potato method. After I put potato juice on it, I would put duct tape over it. It was working pretty well. What I would try though is vodka. Vodka is made of potato's and also has alcohol in it which I believe makes it stronger. (01/10/2007)

By Vodka

Getting Rid of Warts

I have to seed warts in the middle of my right pointer finger. One day I got so frustrated with them I simply took a knife and cut one out. It bled, a lot, so I just put a band-aid on it. After the scab came off only a little bit remained, but it's still there. I don't recommend doing what I did.
(01/16/2007)

By Sam

Getting Rid of Warts

The vinegar method seems as though it might work. It burns when you first put it on but I guess thats part of the process of making it go away. I guess I'll just have to see what happens with this nasty wart! (07/29/2007)

By lady k

Getting Rid of Warts

omg I have the worst problem. I have had warts all my life, no joke. Once I get rid of one they come back. I have tried cutting them. I now have one in between my ring finger, another next to it and then one on the outside of my index finger and on my palm and on my ring finger nail. I have used that freeze away stuff for over 4 years and it doesn't work. (08/22/2007)

By beny

Getting Rid of Warts

For common warts, the kind you get on your hands, use nail polish. It really works. I had gotten warts on my hand one summer and they quickly spread because I suffer from dry, cracked skin. I tried the duct-tape method, but because I'm crazy serious about hand washing I couldn't get it to stay stuck. I tried freezing, store-bought wart acid, and in frustration tried cutting one of the larger ones off with scissors and then applying the acid(DO NOT TRY, it doesn't work and HURTS). I was embarrassed to shake peoples hands and was tired of explaining to kids about the "little bumps" on my fingers. Finally, one night I applied regular old nail polish, because it was a peach color I thought it would hide the warts. I felt nothing, and I peeled it off a couple days later to discover the tops of the warts were shrivelling.

Intrigued, I continued to apply nail polish, clear or colored both seemed to work, it stayed on my skin for 3 or more days at a time and the only sensation I felt was occasionally a tingling as I first painted it on. It completely got rid of my warts and 2 years later I haven't had a single re-occurrence. I've not tried this on plantar warts so I don't know if it will work, and for the larger common warts it may take a few weeks; but clear nail polish beats wearing duct-tape in public! (10/24/2007)

By watsonsmom

removing a wart
Removing a Wart
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Plantar Wart
Plantar Warts Remedies
Treating a wart at home.
Home Remedies for Warts
🎉
🎄