Home Remedies for Warts

Category Home Remedies
Warts are typically hard almost skin colored bumps, caused by one of the human papillomavirus (HPV) strains. There are many treatments for them including home remedies. This is a guide about home remedies for warts.

I'm so excited! I just got rid of a wart in 4 days! It dried up and came loose. Now I have a little hole in my hand but I couldn't wait until it heals to share this information.

Years ago, my mother-in-law told me about Sheep Sorrel for removing warts. Our daughter had one on her finger and I was going to make an appointment with a doctor to have it removed. Grandma found some Sheep Sorrel, which grows as a weed in the grass in our area, and we applied it to the wart. It killed it and the wart was gone in a few days. A friend at the office had a wart on her arm and she was going to make an appointment to have it removed. I picked some Sheep Sorrel for her. She tried it. The wart dried up and fell off.

I have had a small spot on my hand that I thought might be an embedded wart but it did not bother me until recently when it began to grow and I would hit it with my fingernail. It was getting in my way a lot.

Monday morning, I went Sheep Sorrel hunting and found some in a neighbors yard. I picked some and put it in a zip lock bag and brought it home. I took 3 pieces and rubbed it on the wart until the juice got it wet.

I put a damp paper towel in the bag with the Sheep Sorrel and kept it in the refrigerator. I treated the wart several times each day and today, which is Thursday, it dried up and came loose. What a relief it is to have that wart gone. Now I have a hole in my hand that will be healed in a few days. I'm going to continue rubbing the Sheep Sorrel juice into the area until it is healed.

I couldn't wait until it's completely healed to share this information because the frost will kill the Sheep Sorrel and we won't be seeing it again until spring. Someone might like to try this.

You can Google Sheep Sorrel and get more information. I haven't seen that it will remove warts. Now that I have tried it, I know for a fact, it does.

Top Comment

I have no idea if this will help anyone - the writer used fresh leaves - but you can buy sheep sorrel powder on Mountain Rose Herbs. It doesn't say anything about wart removal.

Some sources support using a banana peel to cover a wart at night until it disappears. This process can take some time, up to three weeks.

This is a guide about using banana peels for removing warts.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My husband can't seem to get rid of these warts on his knee. We've let the Derm Dr. freeze them, but it didn't help. In fact, they are multiplying. What can we do?

By Kelsie from Grand Blanc, MI

Answers

Best Answer

Put some duct tape over them and leave it all day, remove only at shower time and reapply. It takes several days but our doctor told us to try this and it really does work and so simple and inexpensive!

Anonymous
Best Answer

At this point I am not sure if home remedies are going to work because they sound like seed warts to me. It would be best to go to the physician and have them cut out from below the surface. I had a seed wart once and their root is fairly far below the surface of the skin.

Best Answer

I had terrible warts on my feet. I had them frozen off they came back, tried every medication prescription & on the market, they wouldnt go away.

Finally I tried clear nail polish, a thick coat, every night for a month. Guess what? They went away.

I am looking for home remedies for warts.

By jen from Detroit, MI

Answers:

Home Remedies for Warts

Bandaids change them every night. (02/23/2010)

By annie

Home Remedies for Warts

I have had great success with a product called Cell Food liquid oxygen drops applied topically. Soaking the wart in apple cider vinegar works, too. I got rid of a cluster plantars warts on my foot using an apple cider vinegar tablet taped with duct tape. (02/23/2010)

By ann

Home Remedies for Warts

I too have heard about good results with the duct tape method as mentioned. peoplespharmacy.com (02/23/2010)

By KL

Home Remedies for Warts

Try the duct tape, and I know it has to be the silver kind. And if that doesn't work, go to your pharmacist. There are several kinds of over the counter products that work very well. (02/27/2010)

By Louise B.

Home Remedies for Warts

Sheep Sorrel is a weed that will be sprouting out in the spring. It gets its name from the leaf being shaped like a sheep's head. You can research it on line by typing in Sheep Sorrel.

Take the leaf and rub it on the wart until the wart turns green from the juice. The juice kills the wart and it will go away.

This is a home remedy from my mother-in-law in the 70s. It worked on my children and some friends, as well. (02/27/2010)

By littergitter

RE: Home Remedies for Warts

How do I get rid of like 100 warts on my leg?

Danielle W. from Hickory, NC

Answers:

Home Remedies for Warts

I used an aspirin crushed up on a band aid for 3 days straight, with new aspirin each night and it made my wart go away. (04/29/2008)

By dee

Home Remedies for Warts

Warts are caused by a virus. So until you kill the virus they will keep spreading and growing. The best way I've found for Plantar warts is to have them frozen by a dermatologist. I guess you can also use acid sold for this purpose. But its not as effective even if you use prescription strength.

(04/30/2008)

By Carol in PA

Home Remedies for Warts

What kind of warts are we talking about? The kind of tan/reddish soft ones? those are viral warts known as skin tags. You go to the doctor for those not a regular doc, but a dermatologist.
Other kinds of warts, like the whitish/clearish hard ones. There are a lot of different stuff for those OTC. Ask the pharmacist.

Now, this might sound odd, but my Grandfather, from Ireland had me rub a penny on the wart 22 times then throw it over my left shoulder with my right hand and not look back for it. In about two weeks the wart was gone.
My theory is that it was the copper from the penny that killed it, so if you try it, make sure it's one of the old (like 60's or 70's) pennies.

Good luck. (05/01/2008)

By Sarah Leach

Home Remedies for Warts

A dermatologist had one of my family members drink "Instant Breakfast" and also, had him put banana peals on the warts. But if you have that many, it could be cause for concern. I would consult a doctor at least one. (05/02/2008)

By Jana

Home Remedies for Warts

I have a wart on my knee for probably 5 years now and always tried hiding it from others when I wore shorts or swim trunks. Once I bought Dry Ice and placed it directly on my wart and it hurt very badly, but did start to shrink. It did regrow though, then I tried cutting it off with a knife, also ineffective and very painful. Well hiding a big wart on my knee was harder then I thought, eventually I stopped wearing shorts and still will not wear shorts due to the embarrassing wart.

I read up on the apple cider vinegar and duct tape treatment. Seeing as how I am already drinking 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar anyways I had some in my fridge ready to start the wart removal treatment. Now 4 days later my wart is half the size it was and also is turning brown and has spots all over it so I figure it's working. It has become very painful, but seeing results this quickly makes me fight through the pain. I am sure in 2 or 3 more days the pain will stop and the wart will turn completely black and fall off and I will finally wear shorts again. Texas is very hot and pants in the summer is not the ideal apparel in the hot sun. Thank you for all your posts. (05/15/2008)

By Wart-Free in 3 days and counting!

Home Remedies for Warts

My cousins used to do this and it worked. The warts did not come back.
I have been lucky not to get them.

Get a fig off the tree and when fig is green/not ripe. At the very top of it where stem is, break stem off and put the liquid (white fluid from top of fig), directly on to wart. It goes away after doing this a few times in one week. The tree was a California black mission fig. Good luck. (06/14/2008)

By Annie Rios Hill

Home Remedies for Warts

My son had "kissing warts" on 3 toes for over a year. He had been told they couldn't be burned off because it would disfigure the toes. His big toe and second toe were almost covered and were extremely misshapen. We tried a couple things the dermatologist prescribed and there was no change at all.

Finally I tried the liquid inside dandelion stems and after about two applications patches started coming off. It left smooth skin behind, not raw or anything. It has been about a week and a half and I expect in the next few days, all three toes will be clear of the warts. People say to squeeze the liquid out, I can't really get enough. I just open the stems of several dandelions and rub it on. (06/14/2008)

By vicki

Home Remedies for Warts

I have a wart on my nose and three on my hand. I've tried all sorts to get rid. I used fucidife cream and that really helps, also. I put toothpaste on my nose wart an it's going down really well. (02/22/2009)

By Bethany

Does anyone have some home remedies for removing warts. I have noticed a few tiny ones on my hands.