Over The Counter Medications that Rebuild Cartilage in the Knees

Category Home Remedies
There are a variety of over the counter products that advertise that they can rebuild cartilage. This is a guide about over the counter medications that rebuild cartilage in the knees.

I want to know the name of any over the counter medications that rebuild cartilage in the knees. I had one knee operated on about 20 years ago and its still not much better than it was back then. I will not go the surgery route again. I just want to know of any medicines that you know work (Not ones that you have heard of). I have heard of alot of OTC medicines, but I want to hear from people who use them personally and how they have helped them.

Thank you!
Kim from Howell

Answers

Best Answer

I have used Glucosamine - Chondroitin from Walmart. It did wonders for me.

Best Answer

I take Osteo Bi-Flex. I do not have a problem but I'm in my mid 50's and just thought it would be a good idea. I think I am more flexible and have more spring in my step. I got mine in a big bottle at Sam's Club. You could also get at Wal-Mart, Glucosamine - Chondroitin is what it is and their brand is Spring Valley.

Good luck!

Best Answer

I also take glucosamine/chondroitin and it helps me. It helps short-term with the aches and pains, and long-term with joint cartilage rebuilding. The amount you take depends on your weight. The more you weigh, the more you need to take. I had a 300-lb. friend who complained that 3 pills a day weren't helping him - maybe he should've doubled the dose to see if that helped. I also take hyaluronic acid and that helps joints and skin. It's very good - as we get older, our bodies don't produce enough of it and when you start taking it, it doesn't take long to feel the benefit.

Best Answer

My husband had problems and the thing we found that worked best was Knox Gelatin. Its very cheap and works with in a few days. You simply put a pack in water or juice and drinking it down. No is no taste and it works great. Be sure it is unflavored. Good Luck!