Glue for Magnetic Tape

By Crafty_Witch 12 36

For a craft project I bought a magnet that came rolled up and had a paper adhesive pull-off backing for stickiness. The problem was the adhesive backing wasn't strong enough, because when I tried to glue a piece of magnet to the tub (basically a small plastic Tupperware like container) the tape would eventually detach and come off! I tried super glue and crafting hot glue guns too!

Any suggestions on what kind of glue to use for a attaching a magnet to a plastic Tupperware container?

Thanks.

By MourningStar

Showing: Answers Sort

By Deanj 917 Flag

You could try attaching the magnetic tape to adhesive backed velcro. The velcro would come in two pieces. One would adhere to the magnet and the other to the tub then press the velrco together. Also you want to make sure the tub has a clean surface. No scum, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,479 Flag

Were you gluing the detachable paper backing or did you remove that and apply glue to the back of the magnet itself/? I would think if you applied the glue to the back of the magnet it would stick. When I use that tape I have had any problem using that self adhesive magnet tape and I have never had to glue it onto an object, but then I have only used it on magnet sized itmes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda L. 83 330 Flag

I swear by E6000. Available at Home Depot, Walmart. It's easy to find.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Magnetic Tape
Uses for Magnetic Tape
Previous
Crafts AdviceJuly 15, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Crochet Crafts Using VHS Tape
Crochet Crafts Using VHS Tape
Magnetic Tape
Uses for Magnetic Tape
Magnetic Knife Holder
Making a Magnetic Knife Holder
Magnetic Photo Frame
Magnetic Photo Frame Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:40:08 AM on 10.0.1.25 in 956 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings