Using Tape to Glue Wood

Category Miscellaneous
This is a guide about using tape to glue wood. As the glue is drying, it is best to use something to hold everything in place. Clamps work great for most projects, but painter's tape works great in those tough to reach places.

I need to use wood glue to re-attach the bottom panels of my kitchen cabinets. I cannot use a vise due to the position of the panels. I was thinking of taping them. What tape can I use or does anyone have any other options?

Answers

Best Answer

I would use painters tape. It wont leave a residue when you pull it off.

Best Answer

Have you checked out "Gorilla Glue" for wood, it is fast setting so it is possible you will not need to use tape at all. It comes in a clear liquid , go to a hardware or craft store and read the directions before buying, it might be just what you need.

I've always been a fan of duck tape. However, this might leave a residue on the wood and it is not so easy to clean off.

However, this is one of the stronger tapes and seems to hold better. You could always try some wood tape. I'm not sure how strong this is and if it will hold as well as duck tape does.

Painters tape