Grafting A Citrus Tree

I have a horrible lemon tree that makes fruit the size of grapefruit, thick skinned, and loose pulp, awful spikes and lots of seeds. I bought it as a naval orange. I was duped. I cut the tree down, but left 3 feet of trunk. I want to graft a naval orange to the stump. Where would I get a branch to graft and what would be the best method?

Hardiness Zone: 9b

By Ken from Lakeside, CA

Answers:

Grafting A Citrus Tree

Search for "Grafting A Citrus Tree." You may have to buy a naval orange tree or call your county extension office. They might know somebody with trees that will help you. (02/02/2010)

By kffrmw88

Grafting A Citrus Tree

It might have been better to read up on grafting before you cut down the tree. Read on the web re: grafting in general (there is a lot of info). Doing your research will probably answer most of your questions, including whether it's too late to graft onto that particular tree you have; you may have ruled that out. (02/02/2010)

By PIKKA

Grafting A Citrus Tree
Lemon Peel
Uses for Citrus Peels
Grafting A Citrus Tree
Grafting a Citrus Tree
Homemade Citrus Cleaners
Homemade Citrus Cleaners
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎄