Use Sprite to Preserve Cut Flowers

Category Flowers
Sprite, 7Up, or other citrus based sodas help extend the freshness of cut flowers. The acid from the citrus improves the uptake of water keeping them hydrated and the sugar adds a food source. So use full-on citrus soda, not diet, and enjoy that bouquet longer.

To make cut flowers last for weeks instead of days, use 7-Up or Sprite instead of water. Cut the ends every other day or so and freshen the liquid. Roses last for weeks!

If our kids give us flowers, it really melt our hearts. We want to preserve those flowers to last long. Three days before Mother's Day, my two little angels gave me flowers. Because I wanted them to last longer, I just prepared one glass of Sprite. Yeah you heard me, Sprite, mommies!

In a vase half filled with water, pour in the glass of Sprite. Then put those special flowers that your sons and daughters gave to you. They will last for 10 days, and those petals will not pull off easily. This a special tip.

Happy Mother's Day to All!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersMay 22, 2019
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Sprite-to-Preserve-Cut-Flowers.html