Grow a Sweet Potato Vine

Perk up that bare kitchen window with a sweet potato vine. Place a sweet potato in a vase or glass, holding it up with three toothpicks so it doesn't fall to the bottom of the vase. When it sprouts, the sprouts will grow straight up until their weight causes them to fall over. You will have to fasten them with string or yarn to get the runners to go where you want them to grow. Be sure to keep it watered.

They will grow wherever you direct them. I had one in my office and it went up in the corner and around the side of the room, and then I directed it back the way it came. I've been told the runners could be planted so you could grow your own sweet potatoes, but I've never tried that. Also, it is educational for little children to see it grow.

Source: My mother had a sweet potato vine in our kitchen window in 1939, and many times after that.

By Clynnaltemus from Inglis, FL

Answers:

Sweet Potato growing vines
Growing a Sweet Potato Vine
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:43:29 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.