Healthy Applesauce Oat Muffins
Vote for this contest contender!
Delicious, healthy, easy to prepare muffins that can freeze well. What more could you want?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar (I used half the amount of Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup craisins or raisins, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins, or grease them.
- In one bowl, combine the oatmeal, applesauce, milk, egg, vanilla, butter and the sugar.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and raisins, if using.
- Make a well in the center and add the applesauce mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Divide evenly in the 12 muffin cups.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Don't overbake.
- Cool on wire racks.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 11:05:51 PM on 10.0.2.212 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us