Heart Shaped Foods For Valentine's Day

Heart Shaped Foods For Valentine's Day, A platter of heart shaped cheese slices
Making foods into the shape of a heart transforms them from ordinary to special. This an easy way to celebrate Valentine's Day at home. This is a guide about heart shaped foods for Valentine's Day.

This is a guide about making lit'l smokies hearts. A fun display of your love or for Valentine appetizers, try these easy little sausage hearts.

finished smokies heart

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

These cute little red milk ice cubes are a nice touch when added to milk, coffee, or tea on Valentine's Day. This is a guide about heart shaped milk ice cubes.

Heart Shaped Milk Ice Cubes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making heart shaped tomatoes. For a Valentine meal or just a special touch for someone you love, you can make heart shapes with grape tomatoes.

Heart Shaped Tomato

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making heart shaped carrots. You can liven up any recipe calling for sliced carrots by making them in the shape of a heart.

slice carrot

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Make cute heart shaped grilled cheese sandwiches for Valentine's Day or any day. This is a guide about making grilled cheese hearts.

dipped grilled cheese heart

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

No need to buy a special heart-shaped pan when you want to make a heart-shaped cake. Use one 8 or 9 inch round pan plus one 8 or 9 inch square pan. When the baked cake is cooled, cut the round cake in half. Place the square cake on the serving plate to look like a diamond-shape. Put each half of the round cake on the top of both sides of the angled square cake to form a heart. Frost, decorate and enjoy!

By mkymlp from PA

Would love to see a picture!

Aren't these little hearts cute? Guess you could use all kinds of shapes as long as you had the little cookie cutters. I asked the deli man to slice my cheese about 1/8" or so. I cut the shapes out out the cheese and placed it on the crackers.

By Mitzi from DeLand

Editor's Note: Here are more pictures Mitzi sent in showing the whole presentation. Great job Mitzi!

Cute, indeed, Mitzi!!! Yummy and beautiful!!!! Thanx for sharing a great idea.

what a neat idea.

Zig

YUM! Can I come to your house?

LOVE these ideas! You come up with some GREAT stuff! Keep em coming!

The cookie cutter effect is great. Also for western theme, etc. I cut my peppers into cactus and a wolf for the top of the bean dip!

I recently made the wedding favors for my son's wedding. They were heart shaped cookies decorated with chocolate modeling clay.

Heart shaped wedding cookies.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 2

This page contains Valentine's day pancake recipes. Heart shaped pancakes are a perfect way to wake up your loved ones on Valentine's day. You could even surprise them with a special flavor or topping too.

Heart shaped pancakes.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This heart shaped gelatin mold is packed with fresh papaya and then topped with sprinkles making it the perfect dessert for a romantic meal or for the whole family. This page contains a fruity Valentine gelatin recipe.

heart shaped Fruity Valentine Gelatin

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains recipes for heart shaped scones. Heart shaped scones are perfect for a special Valentine's day breakfast.

A heart shaped scone.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I inherited a tin for heart shaped muffins from my mother. Every year, I fill it with chocolate chip cookie dough to make large thick heart shaped chocolate-chip cookies for my husband. He loves them.

Cookies in Heart Muffin Tin

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have any heart-shaped ideas for Valentine's Day? I'm planning on making homemade pizza made in the shape of a heart on Valentine's Day for my family. I'm also going to either make heart-shaped cupcakes or heart-shaped cookies. Do you have any heart-shaped ideas you'd like to share?

By Tina from Ashland, OR

We had a cute submission for a heart shaped meatloaf a couple of years ago. I thought that was a good and unique idea.

http://www.thri  7485921.tip.html

I have also recently seen a suggestion for using cookie cutters to make heart shaped cheese slices, for a cheese platter.

If you want to do breakfast, heart shaped pancakes would be pretty easy to do, or you could just do round ones with a heart shaped swirl of syrup, or whipped cream and strawberries.

Let us know what you decide to do. I'd love to see photos! Happy Valentine's Day

Last year we went to a fancy sushi joint and they served heart shape molded rice. I figure they took their cooked rice and pressed it into a heart-shaped mold. My daughter was really impressed.

My suggestions:

1. make your sandwiches, then cut through the bread and all with heart shaped cookie cutter,

2.for breakfast cut the shape out of toast,

3.to make a heart shaped cake, use a square cake pan and a round cake pan, when cool, cut the round one in half, place the halves against two adjoining sides of the square cake to get shape of a heart, frost and decorate as desired.

It's easy to make a heart shaped cake with pans you may already own. Make a regular mix or recipe for a layer cake. Pour half in a round cake pan, half in a square cake pan and bake as usual. When they are cool and removed from pan, cut the round cake in half and place the pieces on two adjacent/touching sides of the square cake. (If you envision your square cake as a diamond, this is easier to imagine.) You've just formed a HEART. Frost the cake and decorate for your Valentine! You can find directions here also: http://baking.a  ss/heartcake.htm

With a heart shaped cookie cutter you could do just about anything. If you don't have one make a heart template out of the back of a cereal box and use it to trace around. You can cut bread, cake slices, brownies, heart shaped rice krispie treats, soft cookies, cheese slices or lunch meat, pancakes or french toast, fruit slices, heart shaped pieces of fudge, jello, etc.

You could make homemade poptarts in heart shapes with pie dough and strawberry or raspberry jam filling.

If you have a cookie press you could pipe out spritz or other cookies into heart shapes. Or with a pastry bag pipe meringues into heart shapes.

Pancakes can be made into heart shapes on the grill or cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter.

You can make a heart shaped cake by putting the batter into one square pan and one round pan. cut the round cake in half and use icing to glue together on 2 of the square cake's sides.

http://tinypic.com/r/33kvsit/6

On brownies, muffins and maybe cupcakes you can make them heart shaped by putting the batter in cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Then wad up a piece of foil and stick it between the liner and the pan on each muffin.

Or homemade soft pretzels in heart shapes instead of twists.

I have seen dried pasta in heart shapes you could use for pasta dishes or in soups. Or heart shaped ice cube molds for the beverages.

Heart shaped pancakes are easy to make and a great day to start off your valentines day served with strawberries.