Herbal Insect Repellent

For an herbal insect repellent, make your own by infusing a cup of basil leaves (packed) in 4 oz. of water. Strain and add 4 oz. of vodka. Pour the liquid into a squirt bottle and voila! There you have it! Homemade mosquito repellent.

By Terri

Answers:

Herbal Insect Repellent

Don't think I can convince a young mom with a toddler to spray vodka on him. Do you have any other remedies, will not use toxic pesticides (06/16/2005)

By Eileen

Herbal Insect Repellent

Don't worry about the vodka. Many spray-on insect repellents use a form of alcohol as a carrier (think rubbing alcohol). The vodka will not make the baby drunk. Vodka in this diluted amount is far healthier than the very toxic ingredients used in over-the-counter insect repellents, including Skintastic and the like. (06/16/2005)

By Mary

Herbal Insect Repellent

Someone told me about 1 tablespoon vanilla with 1 cup water, either put in a sprayer or wipe on with a papertowel. Haven't seen any bites, but not sure if we just haven't met a mosquito yet? ; ) A man at my husbands work got West Nile and was hospitalized for 3 days. He said it was like the flu X 100. YUCKO! I hate knowing that "it's" nearby! (06/17/2005)

By melissa

Herbal Insect Repellent

No, officer, really, I haven't been drinking. No, it's the mosquitoes! (07/25/2008)

By mountain girl

Homemade Insect Repellents
Homemade Natural Insect Repellents
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Mosquito Repellent Coil
Insect Repellents Safe for Use on Pets
Insects are attached to this plant and need to be controlled.
Natural Pest Control
🎄