Hibiscus Losing Leaves

I have a Hibiscus that I bring inside for the winter. This is my second year bringing it in. My problem is it starts to lose it's leaves and I don't know how to keep it healthy looking, could you advise? Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 3b

Mary Kay from Sun Prairie

Hibiscus Losing Leaves

Stop watering the Hibiscus to force it into dormancy. Put it in the basement or in a corner in your bedroom and forget about it until spring. When spring arrives bring it outside after danger of frost. Water it really good with the hose. Then water and fertilize it with 1 T Miracle Gro and 1 T Epsom Salts in 1 gallon of water. It will take a while for leaves to appear, but it will grow big and produce tons of blooms.

I did this with a braided Hibiscus last year and this summer it was enormous and gorgeous with Lipstick Red and Tangerine double blooms. I may have to cut it back to get it through the door for the winter. I'll do the same thing again this year. (11/13/2008)

By Lamico

Hibiscus Losing Leaves
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Growing Hibiscus
Growing Hibiscus Plants
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom