Hibiscus Flower Photos

Category Garden
The hibiscus is a large genus of flowering plants that are native to temperate, subtropical, and tropical climates. Winter protection allows you to enjoy them in colder area gardens. This is a guide about hibiscus flower photos.

Hibiscus Flower Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these Hibiscus Flower Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

My brother's hibiscus had bloomed while I was visiting. It was really beautiful.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Our lives are like a flower. Some are colorful. Some are not. Some are fragrant. Some are not. Some are pretty. Some are not. But its appearance doesn't define its whole being, because each one of us have our own kind of beauty.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

This is a multi-colored Hibiscus in the garden of the condo complex, that I live in five months a year in Puerto Vallarta. I wish I lived in a climate where such tropical flowers would flourish.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Absolutely gorgeous Hibiscus! My first year to plant these and I so love them. So easy to grow.

Comment Like this photo? 8

A gorgeous color hibiscus flower blooming in my gardens is a great additon to my gardens. The closeup photograph I took shows all the detail of this wonderful flower.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Every winter our Hibiscus plants get hit hard. It takes this long for them to revive, even here in Florida. I am always amazed at how precise mother nature is with flowers.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

My dear parents started growing these hibiscus when I was in high school. My father was a master gardener and could probably grow roots on a pencil.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Here are some photos from my garden. Here is my hibiscus in all her glory. I caught a male ruby throated hummingbird and a female on the hummingbird feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This picture is all I have left of one of my favorite hibiscus. I'm sorry to say I lost it two winters ago. I rooted a cutting from a neighbors bush. The neighbor has since cut down the bush.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This is picture is of a hibiscus that I have in my yard. The butterflies and humming birds really like to these flowers.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

I was out in the back this week and happened to go to the side yard, looking for Buddy. And I was standing near the hibiscus and saw the moon shining through the leaves. My camera is not very good, but this was fun anyway.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 20

This beautiful hibiscus looks like it has a miniature "cheer leader" in the middle of the flower.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

My main reason for this post is to share my first Hibiscus bloom of the year. It is born on a Hibiscus moscheutos. The name of this variety is 'Luna Pink Swirl'. Yes, I have many tight buds. In a few days, the plant will be covered with blooms.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

The mornings have been exceptionally nice, lately. Perfect temperatures, clear skies, low humidity. And each morning I've had the pleasure of some really nice surprises. This morning, the surprise took the form of a huge Hibiscus Moscheutos 'Pink Swirl' blossom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

Just another picture I wanted to share. I've posted pictures of this hibiscus, before. Why again? I've taken this plant in for the winter. It is under artificial light, and not a whole lot of that. And here at the beginning of February, it decides to bloom.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

One of my Hibiscus (rosa-sinensis) has an unusually large bloom. It is so large, I wanted to share it with you.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I thought of Judy this afternoon when I discovered my Pink Swirl had opened. Guess this makes us kindred gardener spirits. Just for the heck of it, I'm entering mine in the contest, too. May the best picture win! (I must say, her picture has a much nicer background).

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

A slice of Hawaii in New York! This beauty took my breath away when I saw it this morning.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This deep salmon beauty is getting so large. I keep transplanting it to a larger pot. I have no idea what I'll do when it gets too big for me to take it outside every spring and bring it in every fall.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Commonly known to us as "gumamela", this kind of hibiscus is beautiful because of its chandelier like bloom. The petals are curved upward, but unlike the petals of other varieties of hibiscus, this one is forming like that beautiful chandelier design in your living room.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

I neglected this plant for several years by keeping it in a small pot with poor soil. It never bloomed. Last year I moved it to a larger pot with rich soil. As you can see, the plant is showing its appreciation.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

This is a beautiful hibiscus flower I couldn't resist taking a picture of =) I found this outside of our apartment complex in California!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1
Load More