Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

How often are you supposed to drink the lemon juice and olive oil to help get rid of kidney stone pain?

By jmp from Bakersfield, CA

Answers:

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

My husband was diagnosed with kidney stones last year. So by no means does that make me an expert on the subject. I've never heard of drinking olive oil, but my husband has found that drinking a glass of lemonade once a day helps dissolve his kidney stones. I buy the bottled lemon juice, add water, and mix in the desired amount of sugar. What may work for one person, might not work for another. He no longer eats ice cream since he has found that ice cream gives him kidney stones. I too no longer eat ice cream myself because it gives me some lactose problems.

I have a folder entitled kidney stones that I saved in My Favorites and here is a website I believe will be beneficial to you. One of the pages gives a list of foods that cause kidney stones. The foods can be still eaten, but in smaller amounts.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/Kudiseases/pubs/stonesadults/

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/Kudiseases/pubs/stones_ez/ (07/26/2010)

By MCW

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Go to Hulda Clark's website; just do a Google search. You will learn all about her olive oil concoction and the directions. (07/26/2010)

By Lorelei

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

I would check at earthclinic.com. I saw something about this on there and other things that help in the prevention and dissolving of kidney stones.

Here is the info on the oil and lemon juice they have.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/kidney_stones7.html

(07/27/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Kidneys are nothing to fool around with. For heaven's sake go to the doctor before a kidney infection takes over. (07/30/2010)

By Lilac

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Well, I tried that olive oil and lemon and got no relief. So I went to the health food store and did what they recommended. I drank a quart of marshmallow root tea for 7 days. Now I drink a glass of pure lemonade every day to keep any more from coming back. Cranberry juice is good for a UTI, but it does nothing for a stone, so my doctor told me. I just went through this all in June, so I wish you luck! (07/30/2010)

By chrissym15

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Not only do you do the lemon juice and olive oil, but don't drink carbonated sodas or you will be doing the cure often. For infection UTI and bladder, buy bulk cleavers and make tea. First day drink much as you can and lots the second day. Keep drinking it, but cut back little by little. it takes weeks and weeks of drinking pleasant cleavers even if it is twice a week. I have wild cleavers here and harvest my own to dry. Simple, but if your health food store does not have it you can order on the internet. (07/30/2010)

By muttmom

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

I know that not all kidney stones are alike so make sure that the kind you have will not be made worse by taking something as acidic as lemon juice. (07/31/2010)

By Maryeileen

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

Keep your watermelon seeds, dry and keep in plastic bag in the refrigerator. When needed by any friend or family member, put seeds in pan, and pour boiling water over them. Let them seep like tea. It will be light in color, let cool and add lemon juice, water, and sugar to taste, then add ice cubes. My husband had kidney stones and took the medication the Dr. gave him, but no relief. I made watermelon tea and he kept drinking this for several days. He has not had another kidney stone since then. This was about 9 or 10 years ago. I keep watermelon seeds all the time for anyone with stones. The recipe was given to me by an elderly woman in our church. She said her family used this tea recipe for years. (07/31/2010)

By Pat437

Home Remedies for Kidney Stones

For my husband's kidney stone attacks, he goes and gets a hypo, they hook up an IV to push fluids, he relaxes with the hypo and the stones just move on through. The urologist said the pain is when the stone is moving. It scratches as it moves. This is about 8 times now. It hits like a brick wall from feeling fine to 3o minutes later on his way to the clinic or ER. (08/30/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Medical sketch of a kidney with kidney stones
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Homemade Dog Food
Homemade Food for Dog with Kidney Disease
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄