Home Remedies for Trigger Thumb

Trigger thumb can be a very painful condition in which your thumb catches in a bent position and then snaps straight. This is a guide about home remedies for trigger thumb.

Trigger Thumb

Does anyone have a home remedy for trigger thumb?

By Annmarie C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Years ago I was diagnosed as having trigger thumb. My doctor gave me a cortisone injection which seems to help but about a year later the pain that goes along with trigger thumb returned as well as the no warning projection of the thumb appeared.

When I returned to the doctor for a follow up visit he told me that they do not like to give more than one cortisone injection in that area as the skin is very thin & the cortisone could cause more thinning of the skin. He recommended I have surgery which I did have.

It has been about 8 years since then & the problem has never returned. I wish you well.

Read More Answers...
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 15, 2013
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
epilepsy monitoring
Living With Epilepsy
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:55:48 PM on 10.0.0.17 in 401 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.