Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I would like an inexpensive home remedy for canine mange. My sister has an outside dog that has mange.

By ccromer from Dunn, NC

Answers:

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I just saw my old posting and reread it about applying Ivomec Plus for cattle and the dosage was keyed incorrectly. It is suppose to be 1/10cc for every 10 pounds, so if you have a dog needing treatment is would be 2/10cc for a 20 pound dog and 3/10cc for a thirty pound dog, etc. I sure don't want anyone over dosing their pet if they use this product the way my first posting stated. I'm very sorry about the error to anyone who may have followed the incorrect dosage of Ivomec Plus for cattle. (07/28/2009)

By Lorelei

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

My 3 month old min pin had a really bad case of demodex mange. The person who sold me to her suggested Ivomex pour over, but what I read online did not seem to be the safest choice. My vet suggested weekly dips, but told me that she could get very sick and possibly not even survive.

I did research online and learned about taking a dose of Interceptor every day for 3 months. It is expensive, so I talked to my vet who had heard of it, but never used it. He gave me a script for a large dog Interceptor, which I could break into quarters for her. She was cleared up before the first month. I continued for the 3 months and to this day 3 years later, we have not seen a recurrence of it. She is healthy as can be. I spent about $60, which is the equivalent of 2 weeks of dips. A whole lot safer and cheaper. (08/28/2009)

By 2coolbaby

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

A: Ivomectin- No

We couldn't give you a "recipe" of sorts even if there was one. All dogs need to be tested for heartworms before Ivermectin is given. In the event a dog should have heartworms, depending on the severity giving them a dose of Ivermectin will kill the worms, and the worms, as they exit the heart are at an extremely high risk of blocking the arteries and killing the dog. Don't even think about giving your dog Ivermectin until it's been checked.

You can buy heartworm preventatives which also treat for internal parasites. Heartgard prevents roundworms and hookworms, and Interceptor and Sentinel treat for roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms.

discountpetmedicines.com (09/07/2009)

By Doborah

Remedies for Dog Mange
Remedies for Dog Mange
Dog With Constipation
Remedies for a Dog With Constipation
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
🎉
🎄