Homemade Candle Holder Ideas

You can create beautiful, original candle holders using a variety of new and recycled materials. This is a guide about homemade candle holder ideas.

December 6, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making painted glass jar holiday candle holders. If you like to make crafts that require painting, then these pretty candle holder jars are for you. They can be painted for use during any season.

Holiday Candle Holders

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 5, 2008 Flag

Here's a unique way to use cups and saucers from tea sets that have broken or missing pieces. You could also purchase vintage cups and saucers and create these candle holders to give as gifts. The one pictured is from a mini tea set.

Cup and saucer candle holder.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 31, 2008 Flag

Here is a homemade hurricane candle lamp.

Approximate Time: 45 minutes

Instructions:

1. First of all spray paint all pieces and let dry.
  2. Glue the clay pot to the plate.
  3. Then glue the butter tub, and then the saucer.
  4. You can decorate as you like. I painted mine black, but you can paint and decorate any way you like. For instance you could paint white and paint or stencil on Christmas themes or hearts for Valentines Day.

By Sandy from Bluff City, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

sorry i didnt get back sooner i have been feeling under the weather lately. i should have been more specific. the plate is right side up. the clay pot is upside down, the bowl is right side up.the bowl in this picture is a bowl you eat out of. the saucer is right side up. the butter bowl is a country crock butter bowl without the lid. you can go to the thrift store and get the plates and the bowls use the bowls instead of the butter bowls. the bowls are the kind you eat out of.

Thank you for this pattern. I have been searching for it for years. I had one years age and enjoyed it so much.

Read More Comments...

December 16, 2008 Flag

This candle holder is made to look like a lamp

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Instructions:

1. Glue the pot upside down in the middle of the plate, then the bowl on the pot then the saucer on the bowl.
  2. Spray paint any color you choose and let dry.
  3. Hot glue your decorations any way you want.
  4. Set candle holder and candle in the middle of the saucer. Light and enjoy.

It makes a great conversation piece.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Very nice.

May 26, 2010 Flag

If you have teacups you want to display, maybe mismatched ones you don't want to get rid of, try this. Put a votive candle in them and place them on a stack of books on a bookshelf or an end table. There are many ways to decorate with them. A friend of mine does this and it looks very cute.

By Amy from Oklahoma City, OK

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 26, 2009 Flag

I used an old spice bottle for this cute little decoration. Wash bottle well and dry. Put a dab of hot glue in bottom. Add fiberfill.

Recylced spice bottle with Christmas scene and taper.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 23, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about glass jar candle holder ideas. Using canning jars or glasses you can make decorative candle holders for festive decorations or gifts.

star jar candle holder

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 29, 2008 Flag

If you're like me, you love to make decorations for your home by items found in thrift shops and salvage yards. For homemade candle holders where the base isn't too large (like staircase balusters), just epoxy an upholstery tack upside down on the top and you have a place to secure your candle.

By Patricia1951 from Imperial, NE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for that nice hint. I need to remember it when I am shopping.

November 14, 2004 Flag

Start with a 3x3 inch square block of wood, about 1-2 inches deep. Paint it out with light (off-white, cream, eggshell, etc.) colored craft paint. If you have the tools, drill a 2 inch diameter circle or the diameter of a pillar candle you have on hand. Use glossy or satin finish varnish to seal the paint. Glue small seashells, covering the wood square. You can then begin to glue shells on top of shells to build up the holder. I try to create a wreath effect. Makes a beautiful and classy gift.

By Hache

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi this sounds like a great idea. I am going to try it with my teen Sunday school class. BUT as I do not have the time to make all the wood blocks I am using an old CD as the base with a tea light in the middle and shells round the edge.

December 17, 2008 Flag

I am making wooden candle pedestals. I am staining them and gluing words on them. But my glue shows through the paper that the words are written on. What can I use to attach them? Could I use the last coat of stain like a glue and stick the papers on right before it dries? Thanks in advance.

Linda from Hartley

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use Mod Podge you can get it in the craft area. You get in the craft area near glues:) works great:) and it doesn't bubble as you Decoupage over the paper:0 wish you luck

Have you tried Modge Podge or wallpaper glue?

August 9, 2005 Flag

For quick, easy mood lighting indoors or outdoors, wrap old sturdy glassware with Sushi bamboo mats, tie with raffia, and insert tea candles.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 23, 2013
Toothbrushes in Holder
Cleaning a Toothbrush Holder
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
CD Candle Holder
Making a CD Candle Holder
🎉
🎄