Making a CD Candle Holder
The reflective nature of CDs make them a good choice to include in a homemade candle holder. This is a guide about making a CD candle holder.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Add a little candlelit sparkle to your evenings with this easy-to-make candle holder.
Crafting Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Any clear glass votive candle holder
- Fine tipped marker
- Craft glue
- Glitter glue in one or more colors
- Old CD
- Votive candle
- Use the marker to trace the bottom of your glass candle holder on felt. Cut out your felt shape and glue it to the bottom of the glass candle holder.
- Decorate the glass candle holder with glitter glue. Allow the glue to dry.
- Glue the felted bottom of the glass candle holder to the center of the CD (shiny side up).
- Set the votive candle inside the glass holder and it's ready to use.
- Make several of these and use them to decorate a table after dark. It's really pretty!
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
I have been doing some major spring cleaning and I had a ton of CDs I no longer use or need. This craft project is perfect for repurposing them, you can make a candle holder or candle/small plant stand.
Since I made a candle holder, I had the reflective side up and hot glued my marbles down on the reflective side. *If you were making a candle/small plant stand, you would glue on the opposite side to get the reflective side upwards.
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- With the reflective side up, start gluing down your marbles.
- Continue to build the layers until you reach the height you are satisfied with. I went around 3 times, I found that height was good for my LED candle.
- You are ready to place your candle inside. Option: You can also cover the hole with a button or glue cardboard underneath or use felt and make a jewelry dish/bowl, or some sort of change dish. The possibilities are endless.
- For a stand the CD will be on top and the flat marbles supporting from beneath.