Homemade Cat Repellent

I have two cats, but there are a lot of stray cats in our neighborhood. This is a problem because a stray tom cat has been sneaking into our basement window and spraying. What can I use as a cat repellent that won't bother my own cats? Is there anything that I can use to take the tom cat's spray smell out?

Homemade Cat Repellent

Wow, there's lots of controversy about cayenne pepper. I'd stay away from it just in case. And mothballs can cause liver damage to cats, both yours and the stray, so I'm sure you don't want to take a chance on harming your pets. It might just be easiest to close the window or at least screen it. Stores sell lots of enzyme cleaners to clean such smells, but I've never had to buy them so I'm not sure of their names. I'm sure if you Googled it, you'd find the brand names. Best of luck. (03/07/2009)

By susanmajp

Homemade Cat Repellent

For the smell that the male cat has left in your house, use OUT!. It is by far the best product I have ever used. You can get it at Walmart or Kmart (I buy it a Kmart, 11.99 for a gallon vs. 8.99 for 1/2 gallon at Walmart). I raise boxers so I often have puppies in my house.

My friend had a male cat that was marking in all the corners of her house before she got him fixed. You would walk in her house and the odor would hit you like a wall. I took a spray bottle filled with OUT! over, sprayed it in all the corners and the next day the smell was gone.

This product is not just a cover-up, it actually neutralizes the urine smell. It smells nice too which is just an added bonus. It has to be tested for color-fastness, but can be used on hardwood floors, concrete, carpets, furniture and even put in your washing machine for your laundry. It will even get dried poop stains out. I even put it in my steam cleaner every time I shampoo my carpets.

By boxergirl76

Homemade Cat Repellents
Homemade Cat Repellents
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews