Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas

Ask shower guests on the invitation to "Help Mother Hubbard to fill her Cupboard" by bringing two jars of baby food to the shower. I always set out a big basket for the ladies to set their jars in.

Diapers

I also request that everyone try and bring a bag of diapers (newborn size) this really helps the new mom. For the first couple of weeks she is set on diapers.

Motherly Advice

As one of the party games I have a blank book that gets passed to each guest to write down some motherly advice in. A quick tip or some other secrets that a new mom needs to know or just a quick congratulations.

Necklace for Mom

I also set out on the table a couple of bowls of alphabet beads for the guests to make a necklace for the Mom with her and the new babies name. At first we go around the table and as each guest adds a bead, they tell the Mom to be one thing they love about her.

Prayer Candle

I also give each guest a candle to light on the day of the delivery. I ask that each say a prayer for Mom and Baby. It is a loving thing they can do for Mom and the baby.

By Debra in Colorado