Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Category Food
Baby Shower Cake Ideas
The cake is the centerpiece of a baby shower. This is a guide about baby shower cake ideas.

This guide contains Nightmare Before Christmas baby shower cake. A Tim Burton's animated classic can make a fun cake for a baby shower.

Nightmare Before Christmas Baby Shower Cake

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This baby shower cake was a hit! IT'S A GIRL!

By Linda from Alpharetta, GA

This is a photo of a baby shower cake I made for a friend. It is made from 5 rolled-up baby blankets ($1 each) held together with straight pins. The lace around the bottom is also pinned on. No hot glue is used so this can be taken apart with no damage to the blankets. The top of the cake consists of 2 blankets, with baby washcloths rolled to resemble flowers and the little doll on top is an inexpensive one from Walmart. This is very inexpensive to make and a cute little shower gift.

By Sharon from Ravenna, KY

This is a photo of a shower cake I baked and decorated for a baby shower this weekend. The colors of the napkins were all bright neon colors and McCormick food coloring now sells neon cake coloring. I chose a patchwork pattern, and marked my pattern on the top of the cake with a toothpick, before decorating.

I used only one Wilton tip to fill in the blocks-number 21(STAR tip). I first iced the sides in pale pink, then filled in the top blocks. This requires no top border. Around the base, I used the same tip for a border, piping 2 sides green and two blue. Around the border I piped stars in the different colors. For an added touch I used favor sized pink diaper pins, pink and purple buttons and two small rattlers.

The cake was half Funfetti mix and half fudge mix. This is done by tilting the pan about 3" to the side when pouring in the pan, and doing the same to the other side when adding another flavor of cake mix. They bake together nicely, and some love the middle slices which give you both flavors of cake. It required only one batch of icing. (1 bag Powdered sugar-1 cup Crisco (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE) and a VERY SMALL amount of water and a couple of drops of vanilla flavoring.) Colors for the blocks were mixed in separate bowls.

The guests and Mother-to-be loved it and it was a very easy cake to do. Decorated in 45 minutes or less. This size cake would sell for $30 or more at a bakery. It cost me $6 or less to bake and decorate. DO IT YOURSELF, Moms, it's always more fun!

Sharon from KY

This is the 14 inch cake I made for my daughter's baby shower! The shower is made with a candle and a fluted pastry tin. The bath tub and bubbles were made out of fondant. The baby's head is a styrofoam ball covered with flesh tinted fondant. My friend Bobbie, made waxed diapers out of square pieces of pink fabric to hold the baby bootie butter cream mints I made.

I love cooking and baking for family and friends!

Bake a cake (either mix or from scratch) in an 11x15 inch pan. This size requires 2 cake mixes to fill. Invert onto cardboard or plastic cake board immediately after baking.

Icing can be made by the Decorator's recipe (1 bag powdered sugar, 1 cup Crisco (do not substitute), 2 drops Butter flavoring and a very small amount of water (less than 1/4 cup) OR you can buy Ready-to-spread Vanilla icing and stiffen with powdered sugar for decorating. Spread the sides with icing leaving the top undecorated. Decide on the colors you want to use. Mix your colors in separate bowls using food colors. You're ready to decorate!

Using a ruler and a toothpick (to mark your lines), mark your cake off into 4 squares. Using cookie cutters, mark off in the center of the squares the design you choose, again outlining the design with a toothpick. Using a plastic cake decorating bag filled with tinted icing and a #21 Wilton STAR tip, fill in the square. Hold the tip to the cake, squeeze and pull up.

Follow this method until all the squares are covered except for the cookie cutter pattern. Then repeat the same procedure to fill in the pattern of the cookie cutter. Your cake should be covered. Then pipe a border around the top, using the same tip. Squeeze to the cake, pull UP and to the right side to make a ROPE effect. This makes a really cute and EASY designed cake for your next shower or party.

By Sharon from Ravenna, KY

Baby Shower Cake for Mom Expecting Twins. When throwing a Baby Shower for a Mom expecting twins, get creative in your choice of cake! My niece was expecting twin girls and had both their names picked out.

Baby Shower Cake for Mom Expecting Twins

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

This is a buggy cake on a wooden board covered with baby shower inexpensive paper. The cake used 2 small round pans for wheels and one large round cut and shaped for the main body of buggy.

Baby Buggy Shower Cake

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

My cousin made me a shower towel cake for my shower. Sadly she has passed away and I never knew how she made it. Does anyone know how? I need directions. She even had the plastic bride and groom statue on the very top. Thanks so much.

Chris from Buffalo, NY

I made a three layer white towel cake for my daughter in law to be's bridal shower. I purchased nice quality white towels, and hand towels. I folded the towels and rolled them until they were the size I wanted. I whip stiched the ends together. My "cake "was three layers. I used pearl beading, and silk flowers for the decorations. For the topper, I found a bride dragging the groom. I found everything at Walmarts and the cardboard base of the "cake" came from Michaels. We recieved many compliments on the "cake". I was surprised how easy it was to make and how much "WOW" came out of it! Have fun!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This was a cake I made for my daughter-in-law's baby shower. It was made with 2 layer cakes: one 10 inches for body and one 9 inches for the head. The feet arms and diaper are made of fondant, the eyes and mouth of chocolate. It was a hit!

By Linda

Comment Like this photo? Yes

The theme was Nursery Rhymes.. so this is the "The Cow Jumped Over the MOON!" cake I made for my girlfriend's daughter's baby shower.

Cow Jumped Over Moon Cake

Comment Like this photo? Yes