Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Category Food
The cake is the centerpiece of a baby shower. This is a guide about baby shower cake ideas.

This guide contains Nightmare Before Christmas baby shower cake. A Tim Burton's animated classic can make a fun cake for a baby shower.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This baby shower cake was a hit! IT'S A GIRL!

By Linda from Alpharetta, GA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a photo of a baby shower cake I made for a friend. It is made from 5 rolled-up baby blankets ($1 each) held together with straight pins. The lace around the bottom is also pinned on. No hot glue is used so this can be taken apart with no damage to the blankets. The top of the cake consists of 2 blankets, with baby washcloths rolled to resemble flowers and the little doll on top is an inexpensive one from Walmart. This is very inexpensive to make and a cute little shower gift.

By Sharon from Ravenna, KY

This is a photo of a shower cake I baked and decorated for a baby shower this weekend. The colors of the napkins were all bright neon colors and McCormick food coloring now sells neon cake coloring. I chose a patchwork pattern, and marked my pattern on the top of the cake with a toothpick, before decorating.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is the 14 inch cake I made for my daughter's baby shower! The shower is made with a candle and a fluted pastry tin. The bath tub and bubbles were made out of fondant.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Bake a cake (either mix or from scratch) in an 11x15 inch pan. This size requires 2 cake mixes to fill. Invert onto cardboard or plastic cake board immediately after baking.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Baby Shower Cake for Mom Expecting Twins. When throwing a Baby Shower for a Mom expecting twins, get creative in your choice of cake! My niece was expecting twin girls and had both their names picked out.

This is a buggy cake on a wooden board covered with baby shower inexpensive paper. The cake used 2 small round pans for wheels and one large round cut and shaped for the main body of buggy.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

My cousin made me a shower towel cake for my shower. Sadly she has passed away and I never knew how she made it. Does anyone know how? I need directions. She even had the plastic bride and groom statue on the very top. Thanks so much.

Chris from Buffalo, NY

Answers

By kelly (Guest Post)

I made a three layer white towel cake for my daughter in law to be's bridal shower. I purchased nice quality white towels, and hand towels. I folded the towels and rolled them until they were the size I wanted. I whip stiched the ends together. My "cake "was three layers. I used pearl beading, and silk flowers for the decorations. For the topper, I found a bride dragging the groom. I found everything at Walmarts and the cardboard base of the "cake" came from Michaels. We recieved many compliments on the "cake". I was surprised how easy it was to make and how much "WOW" came out of it! Have fun!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This was a cake I made for my daughter-in-law's baby shower. It was made with 2 layer cakes: one 10 inches for body and one 9 inches for the head. The feet arms and diaper are made of fondant, the eyes and mouth of chocolate. It was a hit!

By Linda

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

The theme was Nursery Rhymes.. so this is the "The Cow Jumped Over the MOON!" cake I made for my girlfriend's daughter's baby shower.

Cow Jumped Over Moon Cake

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes