Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

I need a simple recipe for removing pet urine odors that I can make myself.

Debbie

Answers:

Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

I have used the following recipe and like it. I've tried everything on the market including vinegar and dish soap. Nothing worked, especially on cat urine. I have been using this recipe for years now. It works. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs, and when one has an accident I use this and it takes the smell away instantly! No more having to buy expensive removers from the store.

• 1 (8 ounce) bottle hydrogen peroxide
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1-2 drops of liquid dish soap

Mix all together gently and pour in a spray bottle. Do not shake up this mix or you may have a lot of foam. I have also used a watering can and this works well also.

Spray onto urine stain and walk away. Allow to dry. No need to rub or scrub the area. For tough odors you may have to repeat. I would also check your fabric/carpet for color fastness before using due to the peroxide content. I have never had any problems with any fabric changing colors from this mix. (02/20/2009)

By Linda

Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

This works well for me. Blot up as much of the wet stain as you can.Then mix 3/4 parts Gain or Tide liquid detergent to 1/4 part water in a bowl. Pour over stain and lightly scrub in. Let dry completely (you may need to place a fan to help dry faster). You almost have to let it soak down to the carpet padding, or you'll never get rid of the odor. I have tried several expensive brands of neutralizer from pet stores and was not pleased with results v/s what I paid for the products. (02/20/2009)

By NCTyphoon

Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

I soak up as much of the urine as I can. Then I use white vinegar mixed with water. 1/2 and 1/2 to wet it down. Then soak it up again. Once in a while I need to soak it up with the vinegar mix twice. (02/20/2009)

By suzin

Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

I have had a problem with cat urine on my bed spread. It is washable, but after washing there was a faint lingering smell. I washed it the next time and added 1/2 cup borax (I have a front loading machine). There was no smell this time. I understand borax (borateem) can have a lightening effect like peroxide, but I have never had it do that. I use it all the time now on anything with an odor. (02/20/2009)

By Lizzyanny

Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

An occasional potty mishap on the carpet by the dog who did not get to the back door fast enough; I toss a towel on it to soak up, then I slosh some clear vinegar onto it, run and get about 2 cups warm water, more vinegar to the mix, slop that on and grab the carpet shampooer to suck it all up. My carpet does not smell at all. I do not use deodorizers in my home due to allergies. I also use my carpet shampooer with CLEAN WATER ONLY about once a month to rinse the carpet. You can put some vinegar in the water to rinse if you want a fresh smell. (02/21/2009)

By TandT Grandma

Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors

I am a dog breeder and have tried everything! Similar to the above recipe, I use one part peroxide to 9 parts water in a spray bottle. After soaking up as much urine, I spray it with the solution, sprinkle baking soda on top and let it dry. The baking soda soaks up the urine and you vacuum it when dry. (04/29/2009)

By momto3girls

• Comments

Dog Urinating Outdoors
    Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
    Water on Deck
    Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
    orange house cat
    Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
    Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
    Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
    Cleaning Urine Off Grout
    Cleaning Urine Off Grout
    🎉
    🎄