Homemade Coupon Book Gift Ideas

A fun gift to give for many occasions is a coupon book. This is a guide about homemade coupon book gift ideas.

April 10, 2009 Flag

This is a great gifting giving tip for those on a budget who cannot afford to give a gift, or for those wanting to give to someone who may not want to accept a gift. For those who may be lonely and not want to ask for help or companionship; make dinner coupons for so many free dinners a month.

Often the elderly do not eat well because they are alone and do not want to cook for themselves. They are also, at times, very lonely and will not tell you they need visitors and they enjoy the dinner company.

You can create coupons for any category you think they may use such as help with lawn work or gardening. These are great for all age ranges of people such as babysitting coupons for moms, etc.

By Tracey from Thomasville, GA

My children have been doing this since they were little girls (oldest is now 51). They gave me coupon books for Mother's Day, Xmas, etc.and included such items as "I will get up on time with no nagging 5 times.", "I will get you a cup of coffee in the morning, 10 times." I still have some of the coupon books as I did not redeem all of them. I was always a wonderful gift.

Hi, I live in Jesup. Thomasville and Jesup used to be HUGE football rivals!! lol

I think this is a great idea!! I have several elderly friends that I will be giving these coupons. Thanks for sharing with us.

October 8, 2006 Flag

I would like ideas for IOU coupon gifts for my husband. He is sixty years old and not one to go out a lot. He loves to stay home with our dog Holly.

Mary From California

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

how about:

a backrub

an IOU for YOU to do a chore he detests (clean the garage, rake the leaves, whatever)

an IOU for you to watch something on TV with him that the HE likes (like a ballgame or a favorite movie)

an IOU for his favorite dinner

one for his favorite dessert

maybe that'll get you started!

How about coupons to fix his favorite meal? foot massage (if he likes that sort of thing)? An entire weekend with total control of the TV remote? His choice of DVD rentals (my husband would pick war movies or John Wayne. No chick flicks allowed!) A honey-do free weekend? Sleep late and breakfast in bed complete with newspaper? You do his chores for a week (trash, walk dog, mow or rake)? Hope these help spark some ideas.

How about an IOU for washing/vaccuming his car or truck?

Trip to the library, visit nearby tourist attraction during the week when it's not crowded, shop rummage sales and flea markets for something he's always wanted but can't really afford new, clean out the car, make a book about the two of you, with pictures of where you got married, places you've lived or visited, where you were each born and raised, where you've worked and gone to school, etc.

How about a book of ________ OF the MOnth CLub coupons for his favorite food category-i.e. Cookie of the month, Soup of the month, even a Favor of the Month might be fun!

Thank you for the great response. I took the favorite meal idea from Cheryl and made a coupon book of 12 coupons. I never cook, so he can choose a homecooked meal, one for every month of the year. I will also make one for a special item each month, using the ideas of dvd rental and truck washing, watch a ball game with him. I also like the book idea. Thank you again. This site is awesome.

have a couple of ideas that's not there yet.

1- breakfast in bed 2-serve him and some friends snacks for a card game night 3-read him a story or newspaper, or magazine.

Coupon for a green date. no electricity allowed, or a five senses date.

December 10, 2009 Flag

About 10 years ago, I wanted to help my then 4 year old granddaughter make something for her to give to everyone for Christmas. It had to be inexpensive. I printed up 'coupons' that read: "Good for one kiss and hug." She helped cut them out (with kid scissors and supervision). Then she helped me cover them with clear contact paper.

She gave each member of the family one at our Christmas gathering. The idea was anytime a family member showed her the coupon, she gave a kiss and hug. And she did, too.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

December 18, 2008 Flag

Make coupon books for your little ones for Christmas or just because.

Link: http://www.youthonline.ca/coupons/

Holidays and Parties Gifts HomemadeMarch 15, 2013
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
Coupons
Joining a Coupon Train
woman web browsing
Finding the Best Coupon Websites
🎉
🎄