Homemade Game Ideas

There is money to be saved and fun to be found when making your own games. This is a guide about homemade game ideas.

October 8, 2004 Flag

First, I need to say that this can become addicting especially if you are all ready a graphics junky. So don't say I did not warn you. On the internet there are many sites (Some educational, some not) that have free board games that you can print out and then glue the printouts to cardboard. The pieces are usually common household items. Go to the search engine "Google" and type in "free board games" and you will be surprise at what pops up.

I especially like the King Edward and King Charles games. They were quite fun. For card games I highly recommend Warpspawn games. Now don't get turned off by the name. There are literally hundreds of card games on this site. You make your own cards. He provides what the cards should be and the directions for playing the games. As far as designing the cards, you are on your own. This is what makes it the most fun for you.

You can measure a regular playing card and use that as a template or cut some cool shaped cards (like round or octagon). He has a game called Plains Indians. I typed in "Indian graphics" in Google and found a ton of graphics of the different tribes. Now, of course, you have to abide by his copyright but you can make as many of these games for yourself or family as you want. He has science fiction, fantasy, historical, war, and kids' games. I hope that you have as much fun as I did.

By Debra in CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

January 28, 2009 Flag

Hit a balloon with homemade paddles, like tennis or badminton.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

Instructions:

1. Cut 2 slits the width of the ruler in the middle of the paper plates about 1 1/2 inches apart with scissors or a sharp utility knife. Please do this part by an adult.
  2. Slide the end of the ruler in one slit and through the other slit from the front of the plates.
  3. Tape the sides of the slits with masking tape for security.
  4. Blow up a round balloon.
  5. Related Content(article continues below)

6. Set up a chair or other barrier for the little ones to hit the balloon over using their paddles.
  7. Or another idea is to hang the balloon front a long string from the ceiling, keeping it a good length for them to reach, if there is only one child and they can hit the balloon with the paddle by themselves without having to chase it around the house.

By D.L. from Millbury, OH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 5, 2004 Flag

Buy a tarp that has grommets at the corners. Use four tent stakes to hold it down. Paint on your colors for your circles. Make a spinner out of a paper plate with the paper clasp in the middle of the dial, like we did when we were in school.

My kids love to take this to the park and my childrens' friends have even borrowed it to play at family reunions. Just make sure you get the stakes well into the ground so that no one gets hurt. I recommend the metal stakes rather the big fat plastic stakes. Plastic stakes are harder to get all the way in the ground a safe distance.

<P>By Debra in CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

February 13, 2006 Flag

Here's a really fun game for Valentine's Day. I call it "Put the Lips on the Heart". The really fun part is the kids have to put the lips on the heart using their own lips!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 29, 2004 Flag

My kids use to love to play card games, but by the end of the night they would always be fighting over who won the most games. Here is a solution we came up with. It can be used for any game they play over and over.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 3, 2008 Flag

I am looking for ideas to make your own game.

Josh

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found think link for you to check:

http://familycr  ake_and_Play.htm

I made my sister a "monopoly game" with her interests. like books or sewing.

September 2, 2008 Flag

I had this crazy idea of creating a stratego game using a standard deck of playing cards but I can't figure out how to do this. Do I need 1 or 2 decks of cards and how do I use them?

Bob

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I say that you use 2 decks (one red, one blue of course!) Have the joker be the spy/assassin and choose an ace to be a flag. Then assign roles to other cards as you see fit. I would probably lay them out like a solitaire game. Experiment with different size armies and rules to see what is the most fun to play. I would lay some cards out (maybe 3 or 4 pyramids of six) Your bombs and flag must be layed down, but with the other cards you have to choose to keep them in your hand to attack or in the pyramids to defend. Scouts can reveal every card in a row, and you must remove the two cards in front of a given card before it can be attacked.

Make Your Own GamesFebruary 19, 2015
Poke-A-Pumpkin Game
Making a Poke-A-Pumpkin Game
Making a Plants vs. Zombies Cake
Making a Plants vs. Zombies Cake
Xbox Game System
Using an Xbox Game System
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:54:01 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.