Homemade Gift Boxes

Gift boxes for all occasions can be created from a variety of materials. This guide contains ideas for homemade gift boxes.

July 28, 2008 Flag

Paper Craft Gift Set

Paper Craft Gift Set

Design a card and gift tag by cutting flowers from your decorative paper. Create a coordinating basket to make it a wonderful gift.

Materials:

Instructions:

1. Fold 10 x 5 1/2 inch rectangle from white cardstock to create the card blank.
  2. Trim the bottom edge using decorative edge scissors and punch holes on each scallop.
  3. Ad

4. Cut a 5 1/2 inch x 1 1/2 inch of stripe patterned paper. Adhere to the bottom of card with double-sided tape.
  5. Using scissors, cut flowers from floral patterned paper and arrange them on the card. When you are happy with the arrangement, glue in place.
  6. Next, embellish the trimmed flowers with adhesive rhinestones.
  7. Hot glue the pink satin bow centrally onto the stripe patterned paper, as a final touch.

Tag:

1. To make the tag, cut a 3 inch x 2 1/4 inch from the same cardstock as you are using for the card. Punch hole on one side of the tag.
  2. Decorate using the same materials as the card. Thread the tag with a length of pink satin ribbon, then finish the end with a bow.

Treat Basket:

1. Print out basket pattern. Size as needed.
  2. Trace pattern onto white cardstock.
  3. Cut out on the lines. Score and fold all solid lines.
  4. Apply adhesive to the "A" tabs and glue to the side marked with a "B".
  5. Tape the edge of handle "C" and secure it to handle "D". Note: You may want to trim the handle using decorative scissors.
  6. Decorate as desired and fill with treats.

By Maricel

You do very nice work. Very neat and attractive.

This is so cute!

Maricel,This is such a pretty set. I am definately going to make them! --- I have a friend with teminal cancer,and we are planning a special Tea for her. I think those little baskets would be perfect for favors for the Tea. Thanks for your sharing. Judy

February 11, 2011 Flag

Wrapping a gift is just as important as the gift itself. Paper roses, pearl sticker, pink stripe paper, and ribbon were used to create this sweet little gift box.

Sweetheart Gift Box

July 29, 2011 Flag

During Christmas time, it is always difficult to find ways to stretch the budget. I enjoy handing out small presents. To me, this is a way of sharing the joy of Christmas and spreading some cheer all around.

Handmade soap box decorated with small flowers.

September 3, 2008 Flag

I was wanting a small inexpensive thank you gift for the young girl who had helped me at physical therapy. So, I came up with this "hugs and kisses basket". I had the container left from buying my husband some nuts and bolts from Dollar Tree.

Gift box completed.

April 27, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a Valentine's Day gift box. A homemade gift box for your valentine can take many forms, but they will all express your love.

Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box

December 12, 2006 Flag

I bought the boxes at the dollar store and thought to myself that even though they were pretty I thought they could use some sparkle. I had some leftover beads from making Christmas ornaments so I decided to sparkle up my boxes.

Jeweled Gift Boxes

July 18, 2011 Flag

When you open up a gift, for any occasion, save the box. When you open up a box of food, save the box. You can cut them in half and these boxes can be turned into the most charming little gift boxes for children to give gifts in, or even adults!

Handmade Gift Box 1

October 10, 2007 Flag

For a quick and easy gift box for a small item, why not make your own. There are a number of templates on the internet that can give you an idea of dimensions, or you can take apart a box you have and figure it yourself.

I took one that would work on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper to make two box tops. I added some clip art and the "gift tag" all in the text, and printed it out on card stock. I just cut the sheet in half, scored on the folding lines with a letter opener, and folded in the sides, taping the ends with scotch tape. For the bottom I just scored a blank half sheet of paper - just inside the lines for the cover to make it a bit smaller, and folded it up the same way.

For Christmas I did these, I had made beaded zipper pulls for everyone - and just wrapped them in tissue inside the boxes. No other wrapping needed.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

Editor's Note: Regina has also provided a PDF of the box template so you can print it out if you like. Click here to download it.

thats a great idea.....I also have went out and bought a unfinished box (bottom & top) and done it in pink and added wooden letters and numbers and gave it to my great neice for my great-great neice's babyshower (will have to finish the date once she's born). this is also good for us that's not that talented on building our own.... :0)

Grammar - That's such a nice gift! My boxes were definitely "temporary" and just sturdy enough for gift giving - but yours is definitely a keeper!!!

October 20, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about making a melting snowman gift box. The whole family can have fun helping with this project making these cute boxes for Christmas gifts.

Melting Snowman Gift Box

January 1, 2012 Flag

I received a gift in this adorable box. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. And after looking at it closely, decided I could make one myself with supplies I already had on hand.

Simply take apart the one you want to recreate. Now use it as a template for your new one. I chose a similarly patterned cardstock, but any thick paper would do.

With the folds clearly defined on the template, it was easy to mark the folds on the new one.

For the handle, I used a stiff shoelace instead of the wire handle you see on food containers of the same design. But you could use whatever you like or have around the house.

I think it turned out great and will make more when I need them. I'm keeping my template in a file I have especially set aside for that purpose.

By Gloria from western NY

July 24, 2014 Flag

Paper folding is a craft that can be tailored to all age groups. Boxes are a good place to start. This is a guide about making folded paper gift boxes.

folded paper box

October 28, 2004 Flag

I use the boxes that come from Cereal, Macaroni, Taco Shells or any box with a clean, interior to make wrapped gift boxes. Remove wax paper liner if there is one. Carefully undo the glued end flaps. Flatten box...

February 8, 2001 Flag

Here's some instructions for making your own treasure box to give as a Valentine's Day gift or for other occasions.

Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 21, 2012
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Candy Gift Boxes
Uses for Candy Gift Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎄