Homemade Gift Boxes

Category Miscellaneous
Gift boxes for all occasions can be created from a variety of materials. This guide contains ideas for homemade gift boxes.

decorative gift box

This is a guide about making a recycled glamour gift box. Recycle a round cardboard box into a beautiful gift box to fill with small seasonal or special occasion gifts.

Sweetheart Gift Box

Starting with a heart shaped box and adding pretty decorations makes a nice container for a special gift. This is a guide about sweetheart gift box.

Making a Paper Cup Gift Box

This is a guide about making a paper cup gift box. This cute paper cup gift box will delight whoever receives it.

Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box

A homemade gift box for your valentine can take many forms, but they will all express your love. This is a guide about making a Valentine's Day gift box.

Finished shirt and tie gift package.

This is a guide about making a shirt and tie gift pocket. Perfect wrapping idea for your favorite man.

Melting Snowman Gift Box

This is a guide about making a melting snowman gift box. The whole family can have fun helping with this project making these cute boxes for Christmas gifts.

folded paper box

Paper folding is a craft that can be tailored to all age groups. Boxes are a good place to start. This is a guide about making folded paper gift boxes.

During Christmas time, it is always difficult to find ways to stretch the budget. I enjoy handing out small presents. To me, this is a way of sharing the joy of Christmas and spreading some cheer all around. Just giving a handmade bar of soap doesn't sound like much, but if the soap is packed into a box with a nicely decorated lid, it will certainly add more meaning to the term "it is the thought that counts."

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Using the skeleton leaves, start making a "flower arrangement" on the lid of the box. Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares instead of glue.

2. Now add the white arum lilies, the small brown roses, and the small green-white flowers to the arrangement, again using 3D self-adhesive foam squares instead of glue.

3. Finish it off by adding a few seed beads to the arrangement. Use the quick-drying glue to fix them to the "arrangement." Remember to use only a small drop of glue for each seed bead. Use a pair of tweezers to make the task easier.

4. Add the butterfly as a finishing touch. Use the quick-drying glue.

5. Fill the box with cut strips of brown paper, and then add the handmade soap bar to the box.

By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng

Didn't even think that it could be reused again, thanks, good idea! :-)

I was wanting a small inexpensive thank you gift for the young girl who had helped me at physical therapy. So, I came up with this "hugs and kisses basket". I had the container left from buying my husband some nuts and bolts from Dollar Tree. The only thing I had to purchase was the candy. There's plenty left over for more "baskets".

Materials

Instructions

1. Clean the container well with soapy water and allow to dry.
  2. Paint bottom of container with white paint. I use a sponge, it gives it a more textured look and you don't have to worry so much about it covering.
  3. When white paint is dry make black dots by dipping a pencil eraser in your paint and pressing firmly onto surface. Set aside to dry. If you are not using plastic paint, you'll need to spray the container with some sort of clear sealer.
  4. Write "Hugs and Kisses" on your round circle of poster board with the paint marker. Allow to dry.

5. Glue this to the top of your lid.
  6. Tie on ribbon.
  7. You can add shredded paper as a filler or fill the entire container with kisses.

By Artlady from Edmond, OK

What a darling idea! You could use the same concept and paint it with a Christmas , Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day theme. Thanks !

Handmade Gift Box 1

When you open up a gift, for any occasion, save the box. When you open up a box of food, save the box. You can cut them in half and these boxes can be turned into the most charming little gift boxes for children to give gifts in, or even adults!

New box based on template.

I received a gift in this adorable box. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. And after looking at it closely, decided I could make one myself with supplies I already had on hand.

Jeweled Gift Boxes

I bought the boxes at the dollar store and thought to myself that even though they were pretty I thought they could use some sparkle. I had some leftover beads from making Christmas ornaments so I decided to sparkle up my boxes.

For a quick and easy gift box for a small item, why not make your own. There are a number of templates on the internet that can give you an idea of dimensions, or you can take apart a box you have and figure it yourself.

Here's some instructions for making your own treasure box to give as a Valentine's Day gift or for other occasions.

I use the boxes that come from Cereal, Macaroni, Taco Shells or any box with a clean, interior to make wrapped gift boxes. Remove wax paper liner if there is one. Carefully undo the glued end flaps. Flatten box...