Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes

Your hair condition may benefit from a final rinse. This guide contains homemade hair rinse recipes.

February 16, 2011 Flag

I noticed a couple of people have asked about using vinegar on the hair. Vinegar, as well as, lemon juice can be used as an acid rinse. Both products are used to remove any build-up from the hair and scalp. Build-up clogs the pores and weighs down the hair. We are all susceptible to it and we all need to be rid of it. Using either a vinegar solution or a lemon juice solution (1part-3 parts water) as a final rinse can remove all unwanted 'stuff' from the hair and scalp leaving both fresh, clean, and healthy with no lingering odor.

For dry scalp there is a product in drug stores which is called 'Kolestoral'. It is a really inexpensive treatment for the scalp and it works. Just follow the directions on the tube.
Good luck!

Source: Learned during my apprenticeship - I am a barber/stylist.

By hairstylist from Ontario

Will it leave my hair smelling like vinegar? and can you use it on colored hair without it stripping the color?

I use apple cider vinegar after putting conditioner on my length and it washes out nicely without seeming to damage my hair color (I don't artifically color mine). NOTE 3/7/11---actually found out that acv does darken blond hair a bit. switching to lemon juice.

It needs to be noted that white vinegar and lemon juice might have some lightening effects/bleaching effects on hair color. I haven't tried either because I don't desire that effect, but have heard that has happened to people.

I not only use vinegar as a rinse/conditioner, I use baking soda for shampoo! It works great! Mix 1 T baking soda to about 1/2 cup water for shampoo; then rinse with 1 T vinegar (apple cider vinegar) to 1-2 cups water for conditioner. My hair has never been softer, shinier, or more manageable! I was amazed, but am so pleased!

And no, your hair does not smell like vinegar, since the vinegar is so diluted and you rinse it out right away. My hair just smells clean!

February 28, 2005 Flag

This recipe for hair rinse will make your hair shine.

January 24, 2008 Flag

When you want to get all the hairspray and chemical build up out of your hair, use Dawn detergent once a week to strip it from all of those chemicals. Instead of using shampoo, use a little Dawn and wash your hair.

December 9, 2005 Flag

Mix. Comb through clean, wet hair. Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing. Restores pH balance and makes hair shiny and more manageable.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareAugust 24, 2012
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
girl with shiny hair
Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes