Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

Grease and oil make cleaning hands after a mechanical project a challenge. This guide is about homemade mechanic's hand cleaner.

Solutions: Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Formula for Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

I'm posting a simple, economical, and very effective formula for mechanic's hand cleaner.

Mix about a tablespoon of washing up liquid, (or what Americans call "dish soap"), such as "Dawn", and a tablespoon of corn meal, or grits". Add just enough water to make it "useable". Exact proportions are not crucial.

Smashing good results. :O)

By GrreatBigBear

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner.

Question: Homemade Hand Scrubbing Cleaner

How can I make hand cleaner, the grit type for grease and grime? I want to make it for resale purposes.

By Willy

Most Recent Answer

By Sharon C.04/05/2014

Find a recipe you likr for liquid soap online, they are several, and then just add 1/4 cup powdered pumice to each gallon. To can buy the powdered pumice from many online soap making suppliers.

Question: Homemade Hand Cleaner

I would like to know how to make a hand cleaning cream or gel to remove oil and grease, suitable for a motor mechanics workshop. What ingredients and quantities of each?

By ROCCO from Howick, South Africa