Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

Grease and oil make cleaning hands after a mechanical project a challenge. This guide is about homemade mechanic's hand cleaner.

Solutions: Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Formula for Mechanic's Hand Cleaner

I'm posting a simple, economical, and very effective formula for mechanic's hand cleaner.

Mix about a tablespoon of washing up liquid, (or what Americans call "dish soap"), such as "Dawn", and a tablespoon of corn meal, or grits". Add just enough water to make it "useable". Exact proportions are not crucial.

Smashing good results. :O)

By GrreatBigBear

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner.

Question: Make Your Mechanics Hand Cleaner

Does anyone know how to make the GOOP mechanics use to clean their hands with?

Betty from Middletown, NY

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Jim (Guest Post) 03/19/2008

To the man from South Africa -- please be more specific about quantities of each ingredient. Your formula is close to one used where I worked years ago. They used water, oxalic acid, and kerosene. Would you or anyone know the portions/quantities of each, and the mixing procedure? This was a top-grade hand soap for cleaning grease, carbon oil stains and tar, and it was water soluble.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Homemade Hand Scrubbing Cleaner

How can I make hand cleaner, the grit type for grease and grime? I want to make it for resale purposes.

By Willy

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Sharon C. 04/05/2014

Find a recipe you likr for liquid soap online, they are several, and then just add 1/4 cup powdered pumice to each gallon. To can buy the powdered pumice from many online soap making suppliers.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Homemade Hand Cleaner

I would like to know how to make a hand cleaning cream or gel to remove oil and grease, suitable for a motor mechanics workshop. What ingredients and quantities of each?

By ROCCO from Howick, South Africa

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No