Homemade Pot Pie from Freezer Leftovers

Keep a tub/tupperware container of leftovers that the kids didn't eat in the freezer. Save vegetables and meats and gravy and anything else appropriate for a pot pie. I have made them with every kind of mixture of meat except fish.

When the tub is full, thaw it out and mix with a can of condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup. Don't dilute the soup. Put it into a homemade or store-bought pie shell, add the top of the pie shell and cut slits or poke holes to let the steam escape. Bake at 375 degrees F until the shell is done and contents bubbly (about 40 minutes, depending on oven and pie pans). Some bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. The kids that turned up their noses at vegetables will now wolf it down.

Source: My own idea.

By Mark from Katy, TX

Answers:

Homemade Pot Pie from Freezer Leftovers

That is SUCH a good idea! I can't tell you how much food goes down the disposal at my house because my three year old won't eat it. I will think twice about what I can do with that food! (01/10/2008)

By Linda

Homemade Pot Pie from Freezer Leftovers

A great idea, I have a container in the freezer for leftover vegetables. When it's full, I add a can of northern beans, add some frozen tomatoes, broth, etc. for vegetable soup. I've never tried the homemade pot pie. Sounds good, will definitely try it.
(01/11/2008)

By audrie12

Homemade Pot Pie from Freezer Leftovers
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie Recipes
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
Scattering of dried pinto beans with red peppers and cilantro. Cooking Dried Beans
Freezing Pinto Beans
🎉
🎄