Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution

I need a recipe for the cleaning solution for my Hoover Steam Vac. I believe it has vinegar and water in it. That's all I know.

By mjllvl from St Louis, Mo

Answers:

Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution

I have been a custodian for 7 years and have been putting my cleaning solution in a 1 or 2 gallon pump sprayer and pre spraying the carpet for about 10 minutes to let it work for you. Scrub with a inexpensive deck brush in traffic areas and stains. Only run water in carpet machine to rinse carpet. I like hydrogen peroxide, but dilute depending on how dirty or the need of disinfecting. Try 2, 6, or 12 ounces per gallon. I have used Simple Green and Purple Power and it works as well. Try one ounce per gallon for these products. Always rinse product out of carpet or it can leave a bleaching effect. Put a fan in the room to move the air and if possible a dehumidifier that can be set up to run into a sink or into a large trash can to help with the concern of mold. Peroxide is a multi-purpose cleaner for bathrooms, floors, glass, etc. (09/12/2010)

By Cleaning ease

Steam cleaner being run over carpet
Homemade Steam Cleaner Solution
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Steam Cleaner
Steam Cleaner Doesn't Release Steam
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
🎉
🎄