Hotdog Buns For Breadsticks

Last night for dinner I had Stouffer's Lasagna - baked in the oven. I always like to have either garlic toast or breadsticks when I serve Lasagna, but realized that I'd failed to buy some. Then it dawned on me!

I took hot dog buns left from a couple of nights previously, mixed garlic powder with butter and buttered the hot dog buns. I had no recipe for mixing the garlic powder and butter, so I added garlic powder until I could smell it in the butter. After buttering the hot dog buns, I sprinkled a bit more garlic powder on them before putting them into the oven. After taking the Lasagna out, I baked the hot dog buns for about 8 minutes at the same temperature as the lasagna.

They were as good as breadsticks bought at the store.

By Noella from Bolivar, MO

Hotdog Buns For Breadsticks

I have been doing that for years, I also use hamburger buns. If I want something sweet, I'll melt marg/butter in the microwave, brush it on the buns, sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon and bake until golden brown about 8 minutes on 400 degrees F, or if I use the broiler about 4-5 minute, if that long depends on how hot your oven gets. My grandchildren like both the garlic and the sweet toast. In fact, done this way I usually let them fix it, then I put it in and take it out of the oven. Nice to see someone else thinks like me, LOL (05/29/2008)

By NanaMimi

Hotdog Buns For Breadsticks

What a great idea. I use hamburger buns to make my own garlic bread with cheese and one of the pizza places that we order from use hot dog/sub buns for their garlic bread with cheese. (05/29/2008)

By Maryeileen

Uses for Leftover Hotdog and Hamburger Buns
Sticky Buns
Sticky Buns Recipes
Hot Dog Buns
Recipes Using Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes