Making Breadsticks

Category Breads
Breadsticks can be easily made at home and are often flavored with garlic and butter.This page contains recipes for making breadsticks.

The best thing with bread is that when you aren't able to consume all of it you can just transform or upgrade it in any way you want. I have plenty of leftovers from the New Year's eve. I didn't want them to get wasted so here's what I did.

• leftover sliced bread
  • butter (softened)
  • garlic
  • iodized fine salt

1. Grate garlic clove.
  2. Advertisement

3. Mix it well with the soft butter.
  4. Brush butter and garlic mixture into both sides of each sliced bread.
  5. Slice into strips.
  6. Sprinkle with fine salt.
  7. Bake over 180 C for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
  8. Advertisement

9. Enjoy!

Bisquick mix can be used for so many recipes. Try these quick, cheesy bread sticks with your soup or stew.

These are great with spaghetti, lasagna or other 'Italian' dishes. Kids love them.

In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt. Add 2 cups warm water. Beat with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds, scraping the sides of bowl constantly. Beat at high speed 3 minutes. With spoon, stir in as much remaining flour as possible.

Thaw dough, but do not let raise. Spread out on lightly greased 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. Spread melted margarine on bread and then sprinkle on the seeds, bouillon and cheese.

For quick breadsticks take store bought refrigerator biscuits and roll them into little "snakes" and dip each one into some melted butter that has about a tsp. of garlic powder in it.

I'm seeking ideas for bread sticks and cookie sticks! I received a lovely lead crystal container as my first Christmas gift of 2007. The interior of the cylindrical container is just over 7" tall and about 5.25" in diameter. Although you could use it for flowers (a lot of them because the mouth is huge), I would like to put food in it, because it would be displayed very well!

I'm thinking about bread sticks, very long cookie sticks, or maybe dipped pretzels - although I'm guessing those long, thick pretzel sticks may not be long enough! I really wouldn't have to put stick shapes in there - maybe it could be something people could get out with long toothpicks or a long spoon. I need your imaginations!

Liz from Maryland

Answers

Long biscotti

By Michele (Guest Post)

What about adding something to the bottom of the crystal vase? Like waxed paper or something, crunched up to fill the bottom a little then add the dipped pretzels ect. Tie a simple red or gold ribbon around the center.

I have seen (in magazines) a lot of tall vases filled with lemons. Just stack them to the top and put on a table. Very chic and inexpensive.

I hate to be the one to rain on your parade dear, But If you check...LEAD is in lead crystal and is NOT SAFE to use for FOOD items.Just check out any of the dept. stores in your area. They have warning signs up in their displays of lead crystal. Kohls,Linens and Things, Penny's Macy's,Costco etc. all do here in Ca. I was told that if you line the container with plastic wrap first it is ok ,But I do not trust that for my great granddaughter and great grandsons.

How do we know for sure? Be aware..and BE SAFE. Maybe use it for fresh flowers with a small bare tree branch sprayed white and artificial bird or a small flowering plant,fill in the vase with greens to hide the pot, fill with small pinecones with ever green sprigs/holly or those tiny shiny foil packages,and the shiny Christmas ornaments come in many sizes, mix some together. Hope this is helpful to you. Great Granny Hugs,Vi

By Liz (Guest Post)

Thanks, Gran and everyone! I had it in the back of my mind that I had to check the lead issue, but hadn't gotten around to it! I love all your suggestions, and the vase is so big around that I definitely have room to line it for edibles. Thanks! Keep those ideas coming! Happy Holidays! Liz

I must second the biscotti idea. Look on Martha Stewart's site for recipes.

I've used her recipe before, for Christmas gifts, actually, and it turned out great.

Conveniently frozen bread dough can be formed into bread sticks and delightfully seasoned. This is a page about making the best ever bread sticks using Rhodes frozen dough.

finished Bread Sticks

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains soft breadstick recipes. A yummy addition to many main dishes or salads are bread sticks.

soft breadstick

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsJanuary 14, 2013
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Breadstick-Recipes.html