Bread Machine Recipes

Category Bread Machine
Making homemade bread can be simplified by using a machine for many delicious recipes. This page contains bread machine recipes.

This page contains bread machine recipes for white bread. Having a good reliable recipe for the bread you like to make can keep your bread machine working for you.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Making fresh, delicious whole grain bread at home can be easily done with the use of a bread machine. This recipe contains lots of healthy ingredients to this like flax seeds, whole oats, raw sugar, extra virgin olive oil. Plus it's considerably cheaper than a "high quality" wheat bread from the store shelves.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains bread machine recipes using whole wheat flour. Nutritious breads can be made in your bread machine using whole grain flours.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about sweet bread machine recipes. You can use your bread machine for a variety of sweet yeast breads.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

You can successfully substitute all purpose flour for bread flour in you bread machine. This is a guide about recipes using all purpose flour in bread machine.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Making bread in a bread machine is convenient and time saving. You can easily make gluten free recipes in it too. This page contains gluten free bread machine recipes.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Ingredients

• 1 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
  • 1/2-1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
  • 1/4 cup sliced rip olives

Directions

In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 Tbsp. of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the olives.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 1 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp. margarine
  • 2 2/3 cup bread flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. yeast

Directions

Mix in order suggested for your machine. Use dough cycle. When dough is mixed let rise until doubled in bulk.

Remove and form into rolls or buns. Let rise for 30 minutes (or until doubled in size). Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Does anyone know a good recipe for a bread maker? A recipe that doesn't make the bread so dense. Thanks.

By dee80 from San Jacinto

Answers

A recipe booklet came with my breadmaker and I'd be glad to make copies for you if you email me.

Use 3 1/2 cups of flour instead of 4, or reduce proportionately to what's called for in the recipe. I read this tip someplace and it works great.

I never bake my bread in the breadmaker. I mix it in there on dough cycle and take it out, shape it into loaf and bake it in oven. The second rise makes it lighter. What kind of bread are you making? If it is all whole wheat, you can get a product called wheat gluten, which is usually on the shelf by the flour in the grocery store. A tablespoon of that helps to keep wheat bread light. Do you use flour that is espcially made for breadmakers? That makes a difference too.

try adding 1 teaspoon of apple
cider vinegar to the water, hope you get the great result that I do.

Is there a way to make white bread in a bread machine that is not so porous? The bread I made has little holes all in it and makes it harder to put a spread on evenly. It taste good, but is not what I wanted. I wanted sandwich bread.

Answers

I never liked how it came out in the bread makers. It mixes it well and I use it for that but when its time to cook it take it out of the mixer. Knead it just a couple of times, shape into a loaf and bake in a regular bread pan in the oven. Comes out fine and is a regular shaped bread with no big holes.