High Protein Flourless Cheesy Breadsticks
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 4, 2017
This is an awesome rendition of cheesy breadsticks. It contains no flour whatsoever so it is keto/low-carb friendly and super yummy. I pulsed 10 ounces of leftover rotisserie chicken for this recipe, but you can use canned cooked chicken, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 oz ounces cooked and ground chicken
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 raw egg
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Put ground chicken in a large bowl and add the Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Mix in the oregano.
- Crack in the egg and stir well until the crumbly mixture turns into a moist dough.
- Press dough into a large square shape on a lightly greased baking sheet. Make sure it is at least 1/3 of an inch thick.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, cut into 1 inch wide sticks.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with cheese. If so desired, add a bit of garlic powder. I put it on half of this one for a guest who is not so keen on garlic. How dare they?:)
- Raise heat to 400 F and pop sticks back into the oven for five minutes or until edges are golden and cheese is slightly browned. Serve on its own or with a dipping sauce.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.