House TrainingDogs

House Training an Older Dog

I've been trying for almost a year to get my mother-in-law's dog to pee outside. She's an older Boxer and hasn't ever been made to go outside to potty. My mother-in-law doesn't take her out and won't even let me try the crate training because in her eyes she thinks it "abusive".

This has gotten so bad that my one year old Terrier Fiest mix won't even go outside. You take her out and she just sits. I don't know what else to do. I'm so ashamed to actually have company over because of the smell, that my husband and mother-in-law think is in my head. No amount of cleaning helps because as soon as I sweep, scrub, and mop there's already pee or poop on the floor! Help!