How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

Is my dog a full Pit Bull or a Pit Bull mix?

Janessa

Answers:

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

If you want to find out if your dog is a Pit Bull check out some of the canine DNA sites. Your vet can do the blood draw and send it to the laboratory of your choice. (03/30/2008)

By mmclift

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

Looks like a pit mix to me. (03/31/2008)

By sandy63

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

Could have boxer in it too! (05/27/2008)

By Courtney

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

Take your dog to the vet and ask his/her opinion. (07/13/2008)

By VirtualCherub

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

I have a puppy that's 1/3 Bull Mastiff and 2/3 Pit Bull and your little guy looks almost like mine did when he was that small.

Can't really say for sure, but with the markings I'd guess he's possibly a cross with something. So adorable! (11/21/2008)

By Mal

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

PetCo sells a DNA kit. You swab the dogs mouth and mail it to a lab. Results seem to come around 4-6 weeks and I've seen as many as 6 breed DNA's from a single dog.

Also, the locking of the jaw is a myth. PBT's have incredible bite strength and the will to hold on to whatever they have in their mouth. There is no biological mechanism that "locks" the jaw. It's just pure power and determination to not let go. (12/31/2008)

By Pitty Pro

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

My puppy is 5 mo. old. She is a German Shepherd x Pit Bull Terrier. She looked almost exactly like the ones on here! We have a Staffy and my parents own a GSD. My baby mentally, so far, is like a GSD, with a calm temperament and likes to test my dominance! Very, very smart and loves to jump fences and wander. I wouldn't change her for the world! (09/08/2009)

By Victoria54664

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

Here is Baby as a puppy at 5 weeks. (09/08/2009)

By Victoria54664

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

This is my dog Rocky at 6 weeks, 1/2 Boxer and 1/2 Australian Shepherd. Great dog! Very smart. He looks a lot like many of the pups on this page. Great mix. (09/10/2010)

By Rocky7

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?

Rocky, again at 7 months, 1/2 Boxer, 1/2 Australian Shepherd.
(09/10/2010)

By Rocky7

How Can I Tell if My Dog is a Pit Bull?
curbside trash can
Tricks to Tell When the Trash Has Been Picked Up
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull
Is My Pit Bull Full Blooded?
Friendly Pit Bull
Raising a Friendly Pit Bull
🎉
🎄