How Do You Clean Gas Stove Burners?

How do you clean a gas stove with burner caps, grates, and a burner plate that are all gray in color and similar to cast iron? The grates and caps are all removable. My stove is by General Electric. I have been using SOS pads and scrubbing them everyday to keep them clean.

I am looking for an easier way to clean them. I didn't know if I could spray something like Easy Off Bam on them, let it sit for a little while and come back and just wash them off with minimal work. Please share your tips. Thanks.

Onesummer

Answers:

How Do You Clean Gas Stove Burners?

I put all the parts in a large trash bag, lay it in the bathtub, pour in about a cupful of Ammonia, and twist the top shut and hold it with a twist tie. Let it stand overnight. In the morning, pull the parts out of the bag, empty the Ammonia down the drain, run a few inches of hot water in the tub and scrub the parts with an old toothbrush. The cooked on food and grease will be soft and easy to remove. My stove is 10 years old and the grates still look like new. (10/17/2008)

By Harlean from Arkansas

How Do You Clean Gas Stove Burners?

I think I have the same stove. I put the drip pans and grates in the dishwasher. I know it said not to put the grates in the dishwasher, but after several years I decided to give it a try. They are fine in there. The caps though, I have to scrub them. Bon Ami or Bar Keepers Friend works well. (10/21/2008)

By Lynn

Clean Gas

How do you clean gas stoves? Such a great question. Okay, there are so many ways to clean. Using SOS and scrub it everyday is one way. I think this will be the best way. Thank you. (11/16/2008)

By Robot

How Do You Clean Gas Stove

I have a white built in gas stove. The white around the burners gets dirty very quickly. The only way I have been able to clean it is with lots of elbow grease. (01/13/2009)

By Victor

How Do You Clean Gas Stove Burners?

Before retiring for the night, I place items in the sink and spray with a No-odor Oven Cleaner. In the morning I address the remaining 'spots' with a white nylon scrubbing pad (white is the safe, non-scratching type); then rinse and towel dry.

Do not use SOS or any other steel wool for scrubbing. These stove/oven items are typically glazed (like porcelain) and therefore have a glass finish; steel wool will remove this glazing. Would you use steel wool on your tub or bathroom sink? You don't want to use any abrasive other than whiting.

I've also heard that Harlean's method is great for BBQ grills! (09/18/2009)

By Cajun62234

Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
🎉
🎄