Cleaning Electric Stove Burners

After wiping the stove off after dinner every day, I turn on all the burners on high for 30 seconds and watch to see if there is smoke. Then I turn them off to cool. This saves me from having a burning smell on the bottom of pots the next time the stove gets used. Too often family members fail to do this and you end up with odd smells and black-bottom pots and pans. Safer too.

By Lynn from Bridgeville, PA

6 Questions

I sprayed my electric stove top burners with Mr. Clean. Is that safe?

Answers

Best Answer

I cannot see any reason that Mr. Clean would be unsafe but if you did not clean/wipe most of it off, your burners may "smell" when turned on.

• Electric stove coil burners and gas stove grills are usually easier to clean by removing them and cleaning them in your sink or in a pail of water with added cleanser like Ajax, Barkeepers Friend, etc..
  • Let them soak and then scrub with a brush or abrasive pad.
  • You can also try Soft Scrub or baking soda as these work also.
  • These cleaners work with the drip pans also.
Answer this Question

How do you get baked on food off stove burners? SOS doesn't work well.

By Marilee from Bakersfield

Answers

I've always used spray oven cleaner foam (the store brand version of Easy Off should be fine). You might need to use a nose mask to deal with the fumes, but it works like nothing else.

Easy Off Oven Spray was my thought also. I had some buildup on the stove around the eye from canning snaps over the years. I had tried to remove it using several methods and finally gave up. Recently, I tried Easy Off Oven Cleaner on it and laid plastic wrap over it and let it sit for several hours. The stain wiped up beautifully and now my stove looks good as new.

If it's a regular gas stove, and the grate portion you sit the pan on, those can also be tossed into a self-cleaning oven if you have one, (along with your cast iron skillets and pots, too!). Otherwise, the easy-off is the best solution.

You can put that and any other grates, such as your grill grate, into a large black plastic bag. Spray them, close the top, and after a few hours it will usually even wash right off with hose, though I will usually brush them first just to make sure cakey stuff is dislodged.

It probably goes without saying that I would never use it on anything cast iron since that is porous, and could absorb and come out later in your food.

how do I get plastic off a burner?

Answer this Question

How do I clean a stove burner?

By nabila khan from India

Answer this Question

What cleaning solutions are best for stovetop burners?

I need info on how to clean the burners on my stove. They are solid, and possibly cast iron and are not removable.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 25, 2013
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Electric-Stove-Burners.html