Cleaning Stove Top Burners?

How do you get baked on food off stove burners? SOS doesn't work well.

By Marilee from Bakersfield

I've always used spray oven cleaner foam (the store brand version of Easy Off should be fine). You might need to use a nose mask to deal with the fumes, but it works like nothing else.

Easy Off Oven Spray was my thought also. I had some buildup on the stove around the eye from canning snaps over the years. I had tried to remove it using several methods and finally gave up. Recently, I tried Easy Off Oven Cleaner on it and laid plastic wrap over it and let it sit for several hours. The stain wiped up beautifully and now my stove looks good as new.

If it's a regular gas stove, and the grate portion you sit the pan on, those can also be tossed into a self-cleaning oven if you have one, (along with your cast iron skillets and pots, too!). Otherwise, the easy-off is the best solution.

You can put that and any other grates, such as your grill grate, into a large black plastic bag. Spray them, close the top, and after a few hours it will usually even wash right off with hose, though I will usually brush them first just to make sure cakey stuff is dislodged.

It probably goes without saying that I would never use it on anything cast iron since that is porous, and could absorb and come out later in your food.

how do I get plastic off a burner?

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesDecember 30, 2011
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92235018.tip.html