How do I dry rose petals for potpourri and sachets?

Can someone tell me how to dry rose petals for sachet and potpourri? I've also started making my own essential oils. Do I NOT dry the petals for the oils? How do I do that as well. The organic market that I frequent saves their flower petals from the flowers that are not quite up to snuff and sells them for crafts like this. I've told the management there that I appreciate them doing this. I wish all markets did this. This market is the first one I've ever seen that does it!

Jenny in KY

Answers:

My daughter bought a kit called Silica Gel Reusable Flower Drying Kit. I believe she got it at Wal Mart. (01/19/2005)

By jeangnome46

The easiest way to dry roses is to place them in a vase still on the stem and set the vase under a ceiling fan. I accidently found this one year when my husband gave me roses for Mothers Day. I put them in a vase and set them on the dining table, after a couple of days I noticed the water was not going down and when I touched the roses they were completely dry. They did not change color or shrivel, they looked exactly like they did when I put them in the vase. Now I make sure if I get flowers that the ceiling fan stays off until they die on their own. (02/14/2005)

By dawnmfh

Place rose petals on a microwave safe plate. Microwave at 1 minute intervals, checking after each minute. You can also do this by putting them in a microwave safe bowl but you will need to stir gently at one minute intervals. (02/15/2005)

By Jenny in KY

I have "sentimental potpourii"! Anytime I get flowers, I enjoy them while they are pretty and let them dry on their own. Once they start looking bad, I rip the petals of the flowers off the stems and place them in a decorative container. Not only do I still have my flowers that were given to me for that special occasion, I have potpourii to enjoy! I then place scented oils onto the petals and place them where I want them. (04/02/2007)

By Michelle

Making Soap Sachets
Making Soap Sachets
Scented Sachets
Making Scented Sachets
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
Dried rose pedals in the shape of a heart.
Drying Rose Petals
🎉
🎄